Eating Again
We exhausted ourselves yesterday, driving all over the city for this, that and the next thing. Little things for the house (new bedroom blind, living room curtain rod that has to be returned, dryer vent pipe extension, miscellaneous stuff.). Was it a full moon? All these things should have been simple, but none was. It was a crazy, stressful, Murphy's Law kind of day.
Note to self: Do these things at the beginning of Dad's visits, so we wind up the visit on a calm note.
In fairness, the week was great weather-wise, and yesterday was our crappy rainy day, so who would have wanted to do all this silly stuff when the sun is shining and we could be out taking pics...or eating?
And as for eating, it seems that's all we did. :-)
I took Dad to a lovely downtown hotel restaurant for lunch yesterday, the same one we go to every year. Excellent food, great service. Dad had the water buffalo burger and I had the crab/seafood cakes. Yummy. We both had the warm chocolate bread pudding for dessert. Heavenly.
Back to counting calories tomorrow, though!
We have a few more errands this morning, then Dad will head out after lunch, back to Montreal for the latter half of his visit. I'll be doing laundry and cleaning this afternoon and probably will crash early tonight. Back to work tomorrow, with all the craziness and stress that brings.Purrs from the boys and peace from me.
P.S. I moved my column to the right side instead--does that make a difference? There's nothing in my settings to account for smaller font size or increased white space, etc. It looks okay on my laptop. The only thing I see now is the difference in size between Chum and Annie's pics and those of Nicki and Derry, in the sidebar.
Comments
Your blog layout looks fine. Yes, Chumney and Annie's pictures are slightly smaller than the others in the sidebar but it looks fine. :)
Awwwww after your stresses and strains, you and dad need that great food and desserts!! What calories! Pah to calories!
Hope your weekend ends on a restful note!! Take care
x
Hope you don't work too hard today.
xoxox
It's always nice to get things done, even mundane things but doing them isn't always fun. Anyway, glad you had the good weather for all your fun stuff. What a great visit you had with your dad and that lunch looks so yummy!
Your blog looks fine, but yes, there is a lot of white space on both sides but that makes your pretty header photo pop.
OMG that chocolate bread pudding looks absolutely delish! Actually it all does.
I love the photo in your banner. If it weren't that fall brings winter I think it would be my favorite season because of the colors!
The font seems bigger today than I recall from yesterday, though you are correct Chumley and Annie's photos are slightly smaller than the others.
Have a wonderful week!
I did notice the difference on your page. And it looks good. I also read your profile and laughed!! Too true!
xo Catherine
The sidebar looks fine, and all four pictures of the cats look to be of the same size to me.
And I noticed you commented on Eileen's disastrous encounter with a rental car company. The fun of not having an automobile - I know it well.
I like the new look. and those Fall colors in the header picture make me miss my home.