Twice in One Day

I don't mean posting.

I've just had my second "thank you" here at work today. The first from a prof re: something he and my boss were discussing. My boss is off for a couple of weeks and this prof is on a tight deadline, so I simply emailed him (i.e. my boss) to ask about the matter and then left a voice mail for the prof indicating that I'd contact him ASAP. My director subsequently got in touch with the man directly, and then the prof actually called me to thank me for my voice mail to him, for keeping him apprised. He said how much he appreciated it, and he also said that there are a lot of faculty members around campus who appreciate what what my boss does for them.

Huh.

After I hung up the phone with the prof I thought, oh, I'd like to work for him! Whenever do I hear a "thank you" from my own boss for anything, let alone something simple? Sometimes. But never have I had an "I really appreciate...."

Then I just got an email with a "thank you" from someone who heads up a unit that used to part of our own until June, when my director's boss was fired. I've been time-keeping for them since then, because they haven't sorted things out yet in terms of organizational structure. There are only three staff members and it's super-easy to time-keep for them (enter their time away on a monthly basis in the campus database) while I'm doing it for our group.

So it totally blew me away to be thanked twice (and in ONE day!) for such simple things.

It's not a full moon...Maybe the stars are aligning somehow. LOL.

I hope someone is thanking YOU today, for either simple or big things.
Purrs from the boys and peace from me.

Comments

Old Kitty said…
Awwwww that's just lovely!! Good for you and thank you kind peeps who thanked you and made things a little brighter! :-) Take care
x

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
It is always those simply acts of kindness that mean so much.

xoxox
Well....here is your THIRD! THANK YOU for posting this! :)
And your fourth Thank You. For your postings and beautiful photos. Keep up the good work.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the 'heads up' about the Market Place season opener. I am going to watch it! Banjo has to have a tooth pulled in a couple weeks. $$$$

xo Catherine
Annie Bear said…
Isn't that the best? A "thank you", and especially when they let your boss know their appreciation, goes such a long way. I'm so glad you got such nice appreciation.
John Bellen said…
That was nice. I'll bet it feels good to be appreciated. I've worked where I do for 16 years, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've been complimented, and each time, my boss feels it necessary to add a complaint to the compliment, each and every time, though of course the complaints come pretty fast on their own. Maybe I'm doing a lousy job, though you'd think I'd have been fired by now. But lest I feel special, he's the same way with most of his employees, though he does have his favourites. Ah, the joys of employment.
Anonymous said…
That has to make you feel good!
What a lovely way to end the week. :)
Saku said…
I agree, what a wonderful way to end the work week. Thank yous are such a simple thing and when sincere provide such a boost.

Congrats! It's pretty clear you're doing a great job and it's wonderful you are getting the acknowledgement of it too.

Have a great weekend!

And another thank you for your wonderful posts with the gorgeous pictures of your part of the world. We live in such a concrete jungle here in the suburbs of Chicago. Keep up the great work! Oh, yeah, and we love following the boys too. They will always be the #1 wrasslers in our books!
Katie Isabella said…
It always made my mood soar when I got a thank you. Always.

By the way, pain though it is, please call around to various dentists before you pay that fortune. Maybe someone is less expensive.