I think the painting was easier

No painting this weekend, but I was on the go from 7AM (out to catch a bus) till 4:30PM. Up at 3AM, which is usual for me these days. Ever since the time change, actually.

But before I left the house, I put up the little 4.5 foot Christmas tree, the one I bought a few weeks ago.
 
 
 
It's not bad, really, not too scrawny for a $15 (on sale) tree. It'll be cute when I get some decorations on it (maybe tomorrow).
Now, Home Depot has a gorgeous, full 5-ft tree (saw it there today), but it's about $70, more than I can justify on a small tree that I have up for only a month.

So the day's been a blur of store after store, for various items, some holiday shopping, some house stuff.

The afternoon was spent in a mess, putting together the 2-shelf Target bookcase I brought home, then cleaning up, vacuuming, doing laundry, sorting through things that hadn't been put away yet (from the pack-up for the reno), decluttering and doing some reorganizing. With a five-minute or so break for some soup around 2:30PM.
 Nicki was less than impressed with my efforts, it would seem.
I put the bookcase behind the couch with the other one, will live with this for a while and see I'm happy with them there. If not, I've got other places they can go.
I found some pretty embroidered sheers for a super price (on sale) at Target too, and bought four panels. Put one up when I got home, but found it too white. They had seemed slightly off-white in the store, but no. I love them, but stark white just doesn't look right in the living room, so I'll take them back tomorrow morning.

Right now I don't think there's a part of my body that doesn't ache, from my hands right down to my feet. I think even my eyelids hurt. I'm too old for this!  :-p

But I'm very grateful I have the ability and mobility to do all these things on my own, only a taxi needed to come home because of the bookcase.

And I'm grateful I have hot water for my impending shower! LOL.

Purrs from the boys, and peace from me.

Comments

Katnip Lounge said…
I really like your decor, it's very soothing. Unlike the cartoon colors we have here!
I had a weekend like that two weeks ago, I was HAPPY to get back to work and rest. sheesh.
We love your little tree! There is practically no public transportation here so we must have a car. Mom couldn't imagine being without a car. Sometimes that trunk is jam packed.
Annie Bear said…
The boys sure had fun with that tree box. The tree is so cute!

Wow, you worked hard yesterday! I hope you're able to get some rest today and just enjoy your efforts. Your home looks so nice!

Cats really have the right idea!
Anonymous said…
Looks like you had plenty of help with the tree! And OMC! I think I have the very same bookcases in a tall version! Looks like it's all going well and won't it be wonderful when it's all done and you can sit back and rest!? I like your color palate also, it looks very peaceful.

Alice's Mum
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Love the new change for the Holidays on your blog. Thought I'd put my holiday header up in December, trying to find some holiday cheer for myself. Everything looks great Kim. I can understand you saying about the aches and pains I was outside yesterday getting up fallen leaves. Now less than 1/4 have fallen so there will be lots more to do. Love your new tree. $15 is a great price and it's true once you put your touches on it it will look beautiful. I have gone so far as to only put up 2 foot trees this year. I just don't feel much like pulling out decorations. So what I've done it about it for the year. But your home looks very lovely.
those are a lot of changes! bet you will be glad when it is all said and done
Rian said…
Kim, I can't imagine getting up at 3 am... in the cold too! You certainly must have a strong healthy disposition.

And I can understand being thankful for hot water. When I'm really cold, there's nothing like a hot hot shower and a soothing cup of tea!
Anonymous said…
The boys look so happy helping get out the tree!! LOL

You have a lovely livingroom
Old Kitty said…
Awwwww you got your tree up already!?!? Wow!! And I love your blog header - oh I suddenly feel all chrismassy - glad I popped by here!

Well I think you deserve your hot shower! I hope you rested well too!!

Take care
x
meowmeowmans said…
We're totally amazed by all of your productivity! Your living room is really looking terrific. And your tree is very nice (and the BOX seems to meet Nicki and Derry's approval). :)

Hugs! And get some rest ... you deserve it!