Happy (almost) New Year!
Happy New Year's Eve to all!
2013 was relatively uneventful for me, unless you count the exhausting roller coaster of pre-menopausal hormonal mood swings, the work crap, the neighbour crap, financial crap--the usual life crap. You know, same sh*t, different year.
That aside, the pluses, for me, were getting my plantar fasciitis treated, so I can walk again; returning to regular (semi-regular) services at a local church, after a 30-year absence (which still boggles my mind, given how I feel about organized religion in general); getting the QuietRock done thanks to Dad, because even though it didn't give the results I was expecting (ha, what in life does?), at least it's helped; having the support and help of my former cubicle mate (and her hubby); the cats' not getting sick and/or dying on me; ditto re: my parents--I'm blessed to still have them in my life. And knock on wood for my own general good health too; that could be gone in an instant and I'm well aware of it.
The older I get, the more I see how precarious life is, though. It can turn in a split second, and not for the better. All the more reason for me to wake up and appreciate, daily, the many, many blessings I've been granted by the Fates.
BTW, thank you all for your words:
Perspective; Breathe; Namaste; Humour; F*ckit; This too shall pass; Screwit; Biteme; Makemineadouble; Mindfulness; Balance; Awareness; Patience; Survive; Hope
They're all being printed out, as is this brilliant graphic that one of you sent:
I'd like to post that on the outside of my cubicle, for all to see, but in the interests of faking political correctness, I'll tack it up where only I can see it. Seeing as how my boss already told me to lose the sarcasm (even though he often can be Mr. Sarcasm himself).
So as 2013 comes to a close and we're on the brink of a new year, I thank you all for your continued support and cyber friendship, and wish you a happy new year, one filled with laughter and love and joy and good health (and/or health stability/improvement, for those who already are dealing with serious medical issues).
Purrs, Peace and Blessings to All.
Kim & the boys
They're all being printed out, as is this brilliant graphic that one of you sent:
I'd like to post that on the outside of my cubicle, for all to see, but in the interests of faking political correctness, I'll tack it up where only I can see it. Seeing as how my boss already told me to lose the sarcasm (even though he often can be Mr. Sarcasm himself).
So as 2013 comes to a close and we're on the brink of a new year, I thank you all for your continued support and cyber friendship, and wish you a happy new year, one filled with laughter and love and joy and good health (and/or health stability/improvement, for those who already are dealing with serious medical issues).
Purrs, Peace and Blessings to All.
Kim & the boys


Comments
Happy New Year!
xoxox
Smooches to the boys! :)
A very Happy New Year to you and hugs to the boys!
Karyn
xo Catherine
Happy New Year, Kim. We hope your 2014 is filled with an abundance of health, happiness, and peace. :)
Hugs!
I'm hoping 2014 will be far less hazardous to my health!