Weekend Work
My former cubicle mate--she's moved upstairs now--and her husband are coming tomorrow at 11AM, to help in the house. (I'm paying him his "friends/family" rate.) She'll get up on their tall ladder and do the stairwell painting for me, while he will do the basement door (the foam-backed carpet on the inside of the door, to help with the sound from the neighbours when they're screaming in their own basement), put up my bedroom closet shelf, guest closet shelf (I think) and re-attach the hall closet bi-fold door as well as the sliding guest room closet door.
All that will be left is the trim, and I've committed to having my stylist's father futz around with that in the new year. I hope he's not too pokey, but I feel obligated to hire him, given I've been going to his daughter for my hair for years. Besides, if he turns out to be good and reasonably efficient, I'll have someone to call for the slew of other things that eventually need to be done.
So it will be a busy weekend, but it will be wonderful to be able to hang up my clothes again, not have them strewn all over the house.
I do need to pick up some groceries first thing, though, so (as usual) I'll be out and on the go before 8AM.
However, I hope everyone else gets a bit of sleep-in time this weekend!
***
I haven't been taking any pics, but I did come across these old December 2006 ones of Chumley and Annie under the Christmas tree. Sometimes I still really miss them.
Purrs from the boys and peace from me.


Comments
Annie looks especially adorable under the lit Christmas tree while Chumley did find himself a nice cozy spot to wait for Christmas presents. We wish we knew them before they earned their wings.
Beautiful pictures of Chumley and Annie.
I know you miss them all the time. I sure do with Abby.
Great to hear things are coming along in the house. Do you notice a difference in the noise? I hope it made some difference at least!
Have a great weekend!
What wonderful pictures. I definitely understand missing them. Chumley looks so cute and content. I love his big paws. Annie looks like she's smiling. That's a great shot of her.
Love the photos of your angels!!
Julie and Poppy Q
xxx
Awww so good to see angels Chumley and Annie - Annie's pic is truly lovely - what a cutie! Take care
x
You sure did have lots to do this weekend. I hope it all went well.
Hugs to you, Nicki and Derry!
I wish Peace & Quiet for you & your boyz ;)
I know how you miss your Annie & Chumley......, As I start to think of my Penelope & Morgana the tears start to flow automatically...., Morgana has been gone almost 6 years now, she was/is my heart! All of them own a piece of you , but then there are those who get to you in a whole nother way.....! ♥♥