Where I'd like to be today

Fudlers Hall, Essex, England:

 http://www.ngs.org.uk/gardens/gardenfinder/garden.aspx?id=14778

"Description:An award winning, romantic 2 acre garden surrounding C17 farmhouse with lovely pastoral views. Old walls divide garden into many rooms, each having a different character, featuring long herbaceous borders, ropes and pergolas festooned with rambling old fashioned roses. Enjoy the vibrant hot border in late summer. Yew hedged kitchen garden. Ample seating."

Of course I had to Google, when I saw today's calendar page.
More snow tomorrow, possibly mixed with freezing rain and perhaps changing over to rain late in the day. Gonna be another mess.

I am so living in the wrong-for-me country, climate-wise. (And yes I know the garden wouldn't look like this at the end of January!)

On a good (work) note: I finished the big project yesterday (my time-consuming, fiddly piece of it) and got everything emailed out to the relevant departments. Yippee! And no one--yet--has emailed me back to tell me I screwed up their data package. Though the day is just getting started. LOL.

Take care, everyone, have a good weekend.

And Poppy and mum: I've been thinking of you all week, hope the move is going or has gone well, sending Light as you settle in and make the best of things. Hope to see an update on your blog soon!

Purrs from the boys and peace from me.

Comments

John Bellen said…
Your attitude to work is similar to mine: I always dread working on something complicated because it may come back with complaints. My boss likes to remind people how much money they are costing him when they make errors - as if we try not to make mistakes so that he'll have enough money to buy yet another new car.
John Bellen said…
Oh, and I love the pictures of Fudlers Hall. I have several picture-books featuring country gardens. They always look so serene and peaceful. I envy you your own garden. It may surrounded by crappy neighbours and stress, but it looks an oasis.
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Finally I am seeing a break in the dreary cloudy weather we have been having and it is nothing compared to what others are experiencing. Spring is literally just a few weeks away. Hard to believe right now but today is the final day of January 2014 where did the entire month go?

xoxox
Soooo beautiful! I would love to be there too!
Don't believe everything you see. It's probably all Photoshopped. It is very pretty, though.
I think you and I should switch places...perhaps just for a week. I really could do with cooler weather. It's been SO HOT the last few days.
Katie Isabella said…
So lovely. I always love seeing the boys out there when the weather breaks. You do a lovely job with plantings.