Window Reschedule and Knee-Jerk Eating

So tomorrow's installation has had to be rescheduled to next week (installer's truck in for major repairs). We're tentatively booked for next Tuesday, weather-permitting.

That means another sign on the neighbours' mailbox.

Today's will be more general though, letting them know the installation has been rescheduled for the 21st, and if not then, to expect the noise and disruption either later in the week or the following week. I'm NOT putting yet another sign on their mailbox, I'm already doing more than I should need to, IMO.

However, I am completely bummed out (blue, despondent, low--in case that's specifically a North American expression) about having to come to the office tomorrow. Seriously. 

My reaction to having to be here: knee-jerk emotional eating, chocolate and other unhealthy sweets. I'm so going to crash by the time I'm heading home in a couple of hours. I've noticed that my stress/emotional eating has kicked into overdrive since the work changes just prior to the holidays. I thought at first it was the Christmas season, but now I see that it's not.

Why can't we humans deal with things like cats, and just sleep through everything?

Nicki flaked out with Mr. Owl a day or two ago. (Crappy snapshot, I know!)
 I want a cookie.

And a double shot of vodka.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ya know, vanilla ice cream and bourbon are a good combo.....
Hugs to you! Nothing ever seems to go smoothly does it? Except maybe cat naps? We're purring for you!
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
We all go through periods of being bummed out especially when we feel we cannot change the current circumstances. I understand the change is harder on you, is there any way you can talk to your new boss about making even a small change to your schedule, perhaps 30 minutes? Can you opt out of lunch and leave 30 minutes earlier? i hope this will ease off and you grow more comfortable with the changes.

xoxoxo
Kea said…
@ Abby:

I think it's less to do with the change of hours--I was anticipating that. More to do with the overall change, not having my "old" boss anymore. Not even really having our old group anymore. Our little department is no more and after 13 years of being a team, it's very, very hard to let that go. Being more in the middle of everyone, physically, and having more noise and disruption around me.

I know in the long run it doesn't matter, so I AM doing my best to keep my perspective. But I don't think I quite understood how much it was impacting me, until I realized yesterday that my almost uncontrolled sugar consumption coincides with the change here.
Poppy Q said…
Hi Kim,
I feel for you. Having to move house has thrown all my plans out of whack, and like you I feel the need for a bit of calmness. My appetite has gone though, so hopefully that will help with the new years diet.

Take care my friend, do something nice for yourself over the weekend.

Julie and poppy Q
I haven't tried to make jello shots with sugar-free jello, but I guess it would work. Just replace half (or a third or fourth, depending on how much of a wuss you are) of the water with vodka. I prefer Stoli's vanilla vodka, and I don't go cheap on my vodka. You can have your non-sugar and a drink at the same time. I'm making some in the morning for the foster mom's girl's night out Friday night.
Anonymous said…
Stress eating. I know it well. Not an easy thing to ignore. It's hard when you aren't enjoying your job and can't do a whole bunch about it. Can't afford to retire, not a whole bunch of good jobs out there.

Enjoy what you can - endure what you must my friend!

xo Catherine
I think it's time you got your own owl since Nicki has claimed Mr Owl. One that's large enough for you to cuddle with since it obviously makes Nicki feel REALLY good.