A middle-aged moment to start my day
So, yesterday I had blood work first thing in the AM, walked to the lab and then to work. You need to know this to understand my stupidity this morning.
Yesterday, going home, I boarded the bus and swiped my monthly bus pass, which gave me an error message of "insufficient funds." Huh? It's a monthly pass. Unlimited ridership. (You see where this is going.) The driver told me not to worry, the card reader had been giving him problems. Okay, fine.
This morning I walked part way to work (in the snowstorm we're having) and picked up the express bus. I swiped my card, but got the "insufficient funds" error again. I explained it had happened yesterday going home too, on another express bus. This morning's driver asked me if I had taken any other buses yesterday and I automatically replied that I had, routes #X and #Y and it was only the express bus card readers that seemed to be giving me problems.
So I went and sat down...and five minutes later realized that no, I hadn't taken my regular buses yesterday morning at all and that gee, I had forgotten to renew my pass for February.
DUH!
Okay, I thought, I know I can renew online now, though haven't tried it. Well, it turns out it takes up to 48 hours for that to be processed and the customer service rep I spoke with didn't know if I'd be able to print off a receipt to show the drivers I had paid, until the amount showed up on my card.
Well, hell.
Because that means I now have to slog, on foot, all the way downtown at lunch time, to one of the few places at which I can renew my pass. It's snowing to beat the band out there, it's not going to fun.
But I suppose that serves me right for having the middle-aged moment! (And by the way, it's actually only the third or fourth time I've ever forgotten to renew my pass, in at least a dozen years.)
Oh my...Too bad I ate all my chocolate yesterday. :-p
The boys last night
Purrs from them and peace from me.
Comments
The Furries of Whisppy are right ... make sure you pick up some chocolate on the way! :)
xo Catherine