A new, and I hope better, week
The boys both got steam therapy again this morning, as they're still congested and sneezing. Nicki sneezed so violently all afternoon yesterday that he was sneezing blood (broken blood vessels, I presume). His cough has returned as well, so I did give him a dose of Prednisolone last evening, will do so again today. The homeopathic remedy I ordered has cleared Customs now (I just checked), hope it will arrive shortly. I just didn't want Mr. Nick Man dealing with both the URI and asthma-related cough right now.
Derry took a year or two off my life this AM...He'd been in the litter box at 1AM (the upstairs one is in the room next to mine), and when I got up for a bio break, he made a bee-line for downstairs, probably thinking I'd scoop him up and take him into the bathroom. When I got up for good around 3AM, Nicki sneezed his way up the stairs to greet me, but no Derry. I went downstairs, no sign of him. Checked the basement, nothing. By that point I was thinking he had crawled into a hole somewhere to die. I went back upstairs and looked in each room, under my bed, under the futon, etc. No Derry. Came back downstairs, about to fall apart, and opened the kibble jar to at least give Nicki his serving. Next thing I knew, I heard a sneeze and saw Derry come along for his. I have NO idea where he'd been hiding, but after I put his food down I sat in a chair and just did some deep breathing for about 5 minutes. He scared the cr*p out of me!
Oh, my bonus for the weekend was that the next door...people...were gone all weekend. The little girl had her birthday either last weekend or this, so I suspect they went to grandma's to celebrate. They didn't get back till 7:30PM last night, so it was a terrific break, noise-wise. I know I'll pay for that, even with the QuietRock, but I'll take the peace when I can get it, thanks very much.
And finally, a congratulatory shout-out to my cousin, who sent an email around today to say she's now certified as a Level II Reiki practitioner. Way to go! She was asking to practice her long-distance healing, so I sent off pics of the boys from the weekend, hope it helps them.
Wishing everyone a peaceful, healthy week . . . .
Comments
Hugs, purrs and prayers to you, dear friend.
Hugs.
I hope the homeopathic remedy gets to you soon since it's now cleared Customs.
And where do they go when you check everywhere? Then they show up, quite nonchalant. Maddening!