Sick of the cat updates yet (no pun intended)?

[I'm doing the update here, as the cat blog doesn't need yet another update at the moment.]

Not much sleep last night, with Derry cuddled up next to me and doing that awful, noisy, pathetic and frightening mouth breathing. He didn't eat much this AM, either, no wonder. A little bit of his canned, warmed up and liberally sprinkled with FortiFlora to entice him through his stuffiness, three Temptations and 1.67 of his two Lysine treats.

He got another steam "bath" around 11:30PM, for about 10 minutes, and I took him into the shower around 5AM today for another 20 minutes or so. (Not literally in the shower, of course. In any case, he's frightened of the sound of the water, so I have to steam up the room and shut it off before taking him in.)

He's NOT a happy camper, is just so pathetic. I left him this morning, still with mouth gaping wide. But he did start sneezing a bit more this morning too, and shaking his head, which I hope is a good sign. I also gave him a second dose of the Prednisolone, on the very off chance it will help.

Pretty calendar pic from Tuesday, for a bit of cheer.
Nicki was feeling well enough to bully Derry yesterday (the weaker animal), and also to play for a very short time with Mr. Stick last night. He's eating fine, though sounds terribly congested and snotty, and has violent fits of sneezing and snorting. Still only clear, though, knock on wood. He's also still nose-breathing, though his nose was whistling this morning. I'm not sure if that's bad, good or neutral.

Calendar pic from yesterday, also so pretty. Because I have no pics of my own right now.
Update on my new bed: The headboard will be in tonight (I just called), but I've arranged to have that and a lower profile box spring delivered on March 1st. I don't want to stress the boys out with delivery tomorrow, and I have to get groceries, cat food, etc., haven't been able to get any in almost 2 weeks. The fridge is pretty bare!

So...I wish someone could go into my house this afternoon, before I do, just to confirm the boys (Derry in particular) are still alive. I'm going to be so upset if there's no improvement in poor Derry-Bear's breathing, or, god forbid, if he's worse.

And that's where things stand at the moment.

Thanks so much to all for the continued support, purrs, etc.

Comments

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Oh poor Derry. It's so hard when they get sick and you can't explain it to them. Hope that things are more calm and that this weekend things do smooth out.

xoxoxo
Janet NZ said…
Oh Kim!
I thought it was Nicky who was sick - is it Derry too?!
There MUST be something environmental happening - is there a boarding cattery near which could take the boys for a couple of,days - just to test this theory.
I know they would hate it, but it would give you a chance to narrow down the options.
Sounds like you're going to have a busy weekend stocking up your fridge. :)
Keep getting better, Derry Bear!
oh no, I am quite worried about Derry. Open-mouthed breathing (as you know) isn't a good thing......praying he has shown improvement
Anonymous said…
Wishing you all three a much better Spring!
Oh, dear, we do pray things get better for your boys. We know what a worry that can be.
Clooney said…
Thinking of you Kim and holding Derry and Nicki in my thoughts and prayers.
Annie Bear said…
I hope they continue to get better each day. It sounds like Nicki is making progress and I'm sure Derry is right behind. You take care too!!
Anonymous said…
PURRS!!!! to both boys and to you too. It does sound like Nicki is making some progress so maybe the worst is over? We've got paws and fingers crossed, prayers and purrs going and Mum wishes there was SOMETHING she could do to help.
meowmeowmans said…
We'll just keep on sending you love, purrs, prayers and all good thoughts. Thank you for keeping us updated on the boys; we hope that your next one will be news about them doing much better.

Hugs!