Stewie the Easter Cat, and Other Critters

I meant to post these pics of Stewie, one of the cats at the west end PetValu location. Snapped on April 11th. He was their test subject for the washable markers they were going to be using for last weekend's adopt-a-thon. He didn't seem to mind...or notice.  :-)
And Mr. Squirrel, who's family home is in the trees next door. He scold and torments the boys, and me too. I like squirrels in general, but he's a pain.
And here's Carla, snapped the other morning. At least I think it's Carla. There's another mostly-white cat around now, but that one has a grey splotch on her/his head. Carla was "hiding" from a robin, I think. I disturbed her hunting.
I saw this pretty girl Sunday morning and couldn't resist snapping a few pics. Obviously the concrete was warm!
It was a lovely long weekend, back at work today. The adjoining neighbours disappeared late on Good Friday, came back yesterday evening, so at least it was two peaceful nights.

And I did go up to the mattress store on Saturday, hope the replacement mattress I chose will work out. They had to fax the paperwork up to their head office in the Ottawa region, so it'll be about a week before I hear back re: how much extra I might have to pay (possible difference in price + the $30 exchange fee) and then when the mattress will be delivered. The "speedy" service of a small company in a small city, I suppose. However, the mattress I went with also is a Kingsdown, so I believe the warranty will be the same, the full 20 years. I'll double check. He did say, "We stand by our Kingsdowns." And of course I won't need a replacement box spring, since it's already part of a Kingsdown set. I won't get another shot at it, so I have my fingers crossed here.

Finally, as I posted on the Fuzzy Tales blog, today would have been Chumley's 13th adoption day. Hard to believe it's been so many years since I went into our shelter, intending to adopt two bonded kitties, and came home with Mr. Teddy Bear.  :-)

I'm repeating myself, but I so wish he had had more time with me; it wasn't even quite six years.

I still love and miss you, Chum-Bum.  

Chumley's shelter pic, the one I saw for 6 weeks on their web site. I couldn't believe anyone could resist him, even though I didn't consciously intend to adopt him.
Chumley on December 10, 2006
 December 24, 2006, exactly one month before he died.
Such a long time ago now.

Purrs from the boys and peace from me.

Comments

I do enjoy squirrels a lot but we don't get them where we stay. Just the tree shrews which are quite like squirrels but not exactly. ;)
Carla didn't look too happy in that picture!
Old Kitty said…
Awwwww angel Chumley!! What a total cutie! And what a blessed and precious time you both had together. Big big hugs!

Black squirrels! Love them!! LOL!! They're a rarity here so seeing them is fab! Oh but they sound like the greys we have in London - bold as brass!

We hope the mattress delivery works out ok!!!

You have some beautiful neighbourhood cats!

Take care
x
Poppy Q said…
Aww look at your sweet boy.

We would love squirrels - we don't have them in NZ.

Take care
Julie and Poppy Q
xxx
Anonymous said…
So many sweet kitties here today - and one funny little squirrel. LOL! Love the colored kitty -very Eastery. :)
xo Catherine
Anonymous said…
Oh, we don't like squirrels AT ALL! They chew on the storage shed, run across our roof and make lots of noise! But we DO like those pics of Mr. Chumley...we never knew him but he looks like a sweetie. *hugs to you*
noodlecat said…
Did someone say squirrels?
Were, were...

Noodle
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
What lovely kitties! Had to laugh at pastel markers used on the top kitty. I know it was hard for you to post those pictures of Chumley. I too look at earlier pictures of both Abby & Grace and think how sick you were and how I didn't know. We simply never know...and maybe that's for the best. I don't know.Like for my Abby, I give you this for your Chumley:

My heart is and always will be.
YOURS.
~Sense & Sensibilty

♥♥♥
John Bellen said…
Such a fine looking man cat he was. I'm glad you were able to spend a last Christmas with him that year.
Wonder what their intention with the washable markers were?? and I wonder if it worked for them..

Cats on warm concrete... :) she is pretty..
Anonymous said…
What a cutie he was!!!!
Saku said…
Oh my Chumley was definitely a handsome boy! I can see why you could not resist bringing him home. Teddy bear says it all.

Does Carla have a striped tail? The little girl kitty is adorable too. I hope neither one come to a sad end being outdoors so much.

Stewie is much more patient than mine would ever be!

Have a great week!
Anonymous said…
The things we do to critters, like colouring them. Good grief.
Peace to you for Chumley. He was handsome. I don't think we ever get over losing them, and they never live long enough, ever.
Hugs, my friend.
Clooney said…
Thinking of you and your Angel Chumley...purrs.
meowmeowmans said…
Sorry we're late in commenting, but we are thinking of you as you remember your sweet Angel Chumley. We are glad he had the time he did with you.