(Derry) Giving me the lip

Does Derry's lip look funny to you? I noticed this week that he isn't always closing his mouth all the way, which is either new or has gone unnoticed by me for 6.5 years (not likely).

You can enlarge if you need to.
 
 I'm pulling his lip down here (below).
Maybe I'm just super-moon extra paranoid and crazy this week? He doesn't like me opening his mouth, so a good look isn't an option for right now, though Derry does have a regular vet check scheduled for early August.

Of course I've been peering at him as much as possible, and half the time I *do* think I'm nuts and the other half I worry he has a dental issue, mouth ulcers, mouth cancer, etc. Of course my own mouth sometimes hangs open a bit too...unless I'm clenching my jaw in anger or frustration.  :-)

It just looks...different. And I've looked at pics from June, haven't noticed any where his lower lip looks a bit odd or is open.

Maybe I'm losing my mind (what's left of it). LOL.

I can just imagine the reaction at the vet clinic, telling the vet that I think Derry's lip looks "off." Oy!

Peace.

Comments

Kea said…
Oh, what a pathetic commentary it would be on my life, if I don't know any other way of being except to be in a state of constant worry and paranoia.

Wait...That IS how I live my life. LOL.
Katnip Lounge said…
It looks like a kitty ZIT to me! Srsly. Give it a few days and see if it swells any more--it may be he was stung, instead--in which case the swelling will go down. I had a cat who occasionally got a cyst/zit on her lip and I'd just wait until it was "ready" and do a quick squeeze.
That's happened to Greyson twice and he was fine after a day or two. I assumed it was from a brother tussle...
Poppy Q said…
It does look a bit odd. Are you able to email your vet and send the pictures? My vet always wants an idea of what I think is wrong on the phone. I agree with the others, wait a day or two and if no improvement, head off to the vet.

Julie Q
Katnip Lounge is probably right. It does look like a kitty lip zit. Hopefully it will clear up in a day or two. :)
Annie Bear said…
I'm kind of with Katnip Lounge and Quill and Greyson. I definitely agree that it looks like something. It actually reminds me of something that my cat Pickles had (years ago). I did take him to the vet and the vet recommended I use metal food dishes. I did, it cleared up and never came back. However, I was using plastic back then.

I love that top photo of Derry. Beautiful!
John Bellen said…
I don't notice anything strange, but then I don't know Derry's regular physiognomy. If there's something amiss, then it's probably just a little pimple, due to a very slight infection, and it is causing discomfort when he closes his mouth. His breathing is normal, is it?
take a look at Cody's mouth, he has the EXACT same thing and has had it for many years!