That's over and done with!

[This post is primarily for my mother. Can you see me rolling my eyes? Poor Mom! LOL. I love you too.]
 
I had the steroid injection this morning, which while wasn't fun, went fine. The resident did it under the supervision of the overseeing doctor, and then the overseeing doctor trapped me into doing a female test that we all should have every 3 years (Canada's guidelines). That was adding insult to injury, IMO. (She told me I was due for it and my response, literally, was "Yeah, whatever." So her reply was that if I wasn't going to come back, she'd do it now. I caved and opted for the "now" because no way was I going back for it.)

So I've been poked and prodded in places that hurt (butt and hip) and unmentionable places too, and am feeling quite uncomfortable at the moment. LOL.

RE: the hip injection -- it wasn't into the joint, just into the bursa (i.e. fluid-filled sac) at the most painful spot. The doctor did tell me I'd likely be sore (more so) for a couple of days and not to strain that area, not to overdo things. In other words, I'll be skipping the massager on that side tonight. 

OMC, my life is so exciting I can hardly stand it. Ha.

Snapshot taken on campus yesterday at lunch time.
May you have a colourful day.

Peace.

Comments

The injection sounds painful and most unpleasant. I hope it's worth it and you'll feel better soon.

Kea said…
Well, let me tell you, once the freezing wore off, "sore" would be an understatement. Right now, if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't! But it's early days yet and while doing some reading on it this aft, I discovered it can actually take up to a week before any positive effects are felt.

Right now my left glute and lower back is killing me -- even though that's not where it was injected. LOL.

So just a "heads up" to anyone who might need a steroid injection -- it's possible (not necessarily probably, just possible) that you, too, will experience significant discomfort.

That's my public service "announcement" for the day. :-)
Saku said…
Ewww....shots and intrusive tests, what a day!

That reminds me, I have a letter suggesting it is time for one of those tests. I'm good about the mammograms, not so much the other!

Hope the shot helps and the pain reduces soon. My mom had steroid shots for bursitis in both her shoulder and her elbow more than once so crossing my fingers it helps you too!
Anonymous said…
Glad that is over and you can carry on. Take care of yourself.
Annie Bear said…
I'm so sorry it's so painful! I hope you get blessed relief soon!

Pretty picture! I love those colors.
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Sure hope this helps make you feel less pain!