Monday...Again?

Monday, I'd really like to know why you come around so quickly, without fail.

Anyway, it's another work week and so far, so good. But it's early days yet.  :-)

Last week the endless stream of loud chatter around me drove me batty. The joys of working in a cubicle. Who knew people could talk so much, and for so long, every. single. day? I'd never pipe up and say anything, though, because in our group, I'm the only one in a cube out in the open, and so I'd be the one at fault and told to chill. Never mind that the rest of them are tucked away in offices and don't hear it all.

I bought a new upright vacuum cleaner from Amazon.ca, on sale, got it last Thursday. Such an "exciting" purchase. Turns out it's pretty much the same as my existing Hoover, just a bit lighter and smaller overall.

The  new Hoover. At least it's sage green. I love shades of green.
My existing one is making unhealthy screaming noises, after only two years. Maybe it just needs a new belt? I only realized the old one also has a Hepa filter a few days ago, when I looked at the manual. Duh. It's black with dirt, though. Now I also have two new Hepa filters on the way from Amazon.ca. I love Amazon. The new smaller vacuum will be great for downstairs, and if the old one continues to work, I'll leave it upstairs (longer cord).

Today's pretty calendar pic.
Mom still is trying to get the ball rolling on the insurance claim for the car. It is a write-off. The agent took off on holiday last week and didn't bother letting Mom know, or even respond to Mom's voice mail messages first. Great customer service, but I suppose that's what you can expect from a huge insurance company. I'm pissed off on her behalf, but there's nothing I can do from here. Fingers crossed things get sorted out sooner than later, because my mother does not need any more stress or hassles in her life.

Everything else seems to be okay, my mega head congestion from cold and/or allergies notwithstanding. Typical for me for this time of year.

And while Maggie from Stillness at Cherith might love this time of year, for me it's a harbinger of the coming long, bitter winter. ::Shudder:: At least Spring is only what, 5 or 6 months away. LOL.

Morning sky on campus, one day last week.
Peace.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Isn't it telling when we get excited about buying a new vacuum? *sigh*
But yours is prettier than mine. Hope your week goes well!

~Alice's Mum
JC said…
I love that calender photo. Who makes the calender ?

Also, the evening sky photo is nice. I love seeing sunsets.

Purrs and Woofs from my woods,
JC
Rian said…
There are few house-hold appliances that I would consider *pretty*... except maybe my Aga), but that vacuum is really nice looking. I too love the green.
And I harbor the same misgivings about the coming winter. However, we are lucky here that it doesn't last as long as yours.
Saku said…
I love green too...maybe it makes us think/dream of spring?

Here's a trick - every time someone is talking loudly outside your cubicle, jump up with your phone in hand and point at it. Sometimes people even take the hint! And if nothing else, you'll get some exercise jumping up and down. :)

Hope your mom's insurance woes are resolved quickly!

Have a good rest of the week.
Anonymous said…
I hope you have a beautiful week. Lovely sky!
meowmeowmans said…
Truth be told, we were pretty darned excited when our new vacuum came, too. :)

We do love the fall, but it is bittersweet, because we know winter is coming...

Hugs!
Mr Puddy said…
My mom told me her work place , some people could talk so much, and for so long, and YES every. single. day! ... Serious ! Mom said sometime, she want to yell " shut up " ...MOL
For me, I only want to know Derry & Nicki approved your monster ????
Sound unreal for me... Just saying :)
Have a great day
John Bellen said…
Yes, what can one expect from an insurance agent. There was a song from the 1950s, possibly the 1940s, about how an insurance agent is 'everyone's best friend' - at least while he's selling something. When I was little, I thought life insurance ensured continued life. That would be a bargain.

My head is stuffed, too: my first cold in ten years. First Renn, then Kola, now me. I'd blame the beasts but I don't think we can catch the other species' colds.