My ducks aren't quite lining up in a row

I had gift wrapping and Christmas cards on my agenda this weekend, but at 2:45PM on Sunday, I've run out of steam. I have this hazy memory of being more on the ball when I was younger, but that could be a convenient, and false, memory.

I want a nap. Actually, I want a back massage and a nap. Neither of which is in the offing!

However, I did manage to put up my outdoor decorations this morning. I was out on my stepladder at 6AM, working by the light from the street lamp directly opposite my unit. I think the most time-consuming thing was screwing in all those little hooks for the garland across the top of my garage door and around my door frame for the lights. It all took only an hour and a half, and I was out there without a jacket (thermal layers under my clothes, though). No way was I putting it off any longer, with today and tomorrow our mild days before we're back to winter temps. (Bonus, our snow has melted!)

Then I went out for an inexpensive breakfast (I'm so hooked on McDonald's creme brulee lattés, skim milk, no whipped cream -- they're quite good!) and to run a few errands.

After that it was back to do a few chores in the house and decorate my little indoor tree. Even inexpensive, non-breakable ornaments can look good when the tree is lit. (I added the stars and frame via Ribbet.com.)

Oh, Christmas came early for the boys yesterday! But I'll let "them" tell you all about it tomorrow.  :-)

I'm anticipating another long work week, but the plus will be that Friday is payday and I'm off next Monday, December 1st. I'll hang on to that as I slog through whatever the week brings.

Wishing everyone a good week ahead, no slogging. I'll leave you with a snapshot from Friday after work. I just liked the way the light was hitting the berries on the trees. I didn't manage to capture the loveliness with my little Elph and while rushing to the bus stop, but you get idea.
Peace.

Comments

Angel Simba said…
Gosh, such energy - 6AM and putting up decorations? You clearly got a lot done, but your list was obviously too long. Perhaps we will get a cut tree next weekend - the Boy Scouts set up a trailer and sell trees not far from us. Then it will still be a while before it gets into the house and gets decorated (hubby always gives the tree a chance to drink well from a bucket in the garage first).

I have bought Christmas cards already, which is much earlier than ever before, but not yet done any of them.

Peace,
Simba's Mom
Anonymous said…
Them ducks are really hard to get lined up in a row! But you are doing it...hugs.
The Cat Guy said…
I'm finding that the older I get, the less those damn ducks want to cooperate! Argh!!
noodlecat said…
6AM! Eek!

Noodle and crew
John Bellen said…
What a beautifully decorated tree. Mine always looks haphazard, though maybe I just see things the way I smell food cooking: everyone else's meal smells better than mine...

In any case, I don't think you need to worry about energy. If you were up decorating your home outside by six in the morning, running out of steam at fifteen to three that afternoon is perfectly normal!
Rian said…
Kim, I think you're wise in putting up your Christmas decorations while the weather is co-operating. And as for the boys surprise, does it have to do with a trip you mentioned to the pet store and a certain cat tree?
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
I think your home looks very festive! This year I feel like decorating, so just today I put the wreaths on the door, new ones and the tree is decorated. I will have to pull out all my Santa collection later. But you did a great job.
Saku said…
Sounds like you accomplished a lot! I've never decorated the outside of my home. Well, I do have bows on the garage lights but that's the extent of it.

Inside is going much slower, but I hope to have it complete by the time the Grey Cup ends next Sunday.

I totally agree, the older I get the less I get accomplished in one day. AND I'm more easily distracted by things like blogs and Facebook. :)
Team Tabby said…
Love your little tree! Very festive!
meowmeowmans said…
Your tree looks awesome, Kim! We're amazed by your energy ... 6 AM? ... not if I don't have to. LOL.

Thank you so much for your kind and compassionate comments about Moosey's health. We appreciate you so very much.

Hugs!