"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" all right

We had our first major storm of the winter season yesterday and into last night, and I'm so done with it.

Snapped mostly from inside at the office yesterday:
 
 
I don't know how much we got--we were slated for 15 to 20 cms, and I'd guess we got the 20 cms, at least. I was up around 3:30AM today, and out before 4AM shoveling the little driveway. Good thing it's only car-width and length.
Pics below snapped on the way to the office this morning.
 My favourite old limestone row house.
 
 The custodians must have been on campus by 4 M, plowing and shoveling.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For those of you in non-snow climates who think it all looks pretty, YOU come and shovel 8+ inches of the stuff, and slog through it on foot.

As for me, I'm soon going to be counting the days till Spring. Ha.

Peace.

Comments

I am shocked it missed us!!! I almost want some snow (don't hit me!)
Anonymous said…
We had a few meager inches in November, nothing lately. There is no snow on the ground here right now, but we are below average in temperatures. Three months until Spring!
Cats Herd You said…
Such beautiful buildings! The architecture with all the stone is so different than what we have here, and it looks beautiful with the snow!
Saku said…
I'll try this again...blogger ate my first comment. You have such beautiful buildings in your city though I think they'd look better surrounded by greenery. Unfortunately we Canadians have to expect some snow!

Hopefully it won't last long - we've had temps well above freezing so they should be on their way to you soon!
JC said…
If you do have to go to work, what nice building to walk around and be in. I've always enjoyed visiting Universities.

We had a small amount of snow in November but nothing since. Right now we are expecting a wind and rain storm. Supposed to be bad. We will see ...

XO,
JC
John Bellen said…
Wet snow, too, I'll bet. But the campus of the university there is very attractive. here in Lethbridge, we have just a concrete slab for a university, and it cracked in the middle because it was built across two hills...
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
It is always so pretty in photos. The campus is very quaint and charming. But I know and can appreciate how hard it is to live in winter after winter.
vic said…
The Limestone row house is very handsome looking. We live in an area of southern Indiana that has a major limestone belt along running through and so many quarries and as a result lots of limestone houses here.
Poppy Q said…
yeah I'd be well over it too Kim, as I hate the cold. It does look real pretty though but I think I'd want to stay home for the three months or so it was hanging around in.

Julie and Poppy Q
xxx
meowmeowmans said…
We hear you, Kim. It's all "beautiful and peaceful" until you remember that you have to shovel it. We're counting the days until spring, too. LOL.