SO proud of Nicki!

I'm SO proud of Nicki I could "bust a gut!"

I filled the prescription for Flovent on Saturday (meds are cheap at Costco, couldn't believe how inexpensive compared to the online price I had seen), gave him the first dose Sunday night. He resisted a bit as usual, but we managed.

Gave him dose #2 this morning and we got through that too.

I was so proud of him I don't even have words.

I'll keep him on the Prednisolone for a week or so (alternate days), to ensure the Flovent is in his system (takes up to 7 - 10 days) before discontinuing. Provided he remains reasonably compliant with the mask and inhaler. Fingers crossed for us, please.

Two things:

1. If you'd said to me, a couple of months ago, I'd be doing this I'd have said you were nuts.

2. If it weren't for Sharla (Isabella and Angel's human over at Beaded Tail) going this route for Isabella's asthma, I never would have had the courage to try with Nicki. I'm so grateful to her for posting about it and getting the wheels turning at my end, and for answering all my questions.

And another huge thank you to my cousin, for sending long distance Reiki to Nicki and to me around this issue. I didn't ask for any specific outcome, just for Nicki's Highest Good (which is all she can do, she can't "make" anything happen). But maybe it's helped too.

Anyway, I'll see how it goes, hope I can keep on with the inhaler and get rid of the Pred soon. If all goes well, at some point soon I'll do a post on the boys' blog, just to let folks know that even if it takes five weeks or longer, it is possible to do.

Peace.
My good, good boy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am glad you hung in there. I know this is possible. I have seen it done, and have done it myself. It takes time and patience, as I said. If you believe in yourself, the medicine, and them, they will. Hug.
Saku said…
Hooray for you and NIcki! I'm so glad he is adapting to this new treatment, I'm certain it helps lessen the worry.

I was having issues with posting comments yesterday so I think my comment disappeared into the wild blue internet. So I'll say it now/ Congrats on making it through the office Christmas, I know that's not your thing.

Love the new jacket - I like to shop for a bargain too - V.V. is the best place I know to find casual clothing and if I'm willing to spend the time I've scored some designer pieces as well.

Have a great week!
Cats Herd You said…
Way to go, both Nicki and you, too! What a fab job you've done getting him to this point!
YAY FOR NICKI!!! We are sooooooooooooooooooo proud of him too!!! Cody is clapping his paws with delight! oxoxoxo
Angel Simba said…
Oh, that is really super! Yay for Nicki.
Random Felines said…
good luck....we hope this works for him
John Bellen said…
Hurrah! Excellent news. The poor fellow must've grown tired of resisting. The first instance of a human wearing a cat down, and not vice versa! Nicki will feel better because of this. I wonder if he'll make the connection? How often does he need to have this treatment?

This is very good news indeed.
meowmeowmans said…
That's great, Kim! We, too, are proud of Nicki (and you!), and hope this continues. Moosey has gotten nose drops every night for as long as we have had him, and he actually tilts his head so that we can get the drops in his nostrils. This from a cat who didn't like being held, and who was noise-sensitive when he first arrived in our home. Sometimes it just takes time and patience, I guess.

Hugs!
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Wonderful wonderful news.
Way to go, Nicki! You will feel so much better!
Janet NZ said…
I'm so glad for you!
It takes them time to realise the 'scary monster thing' is not going to hurt them eh? ... sigh
XO