A Nice Little Surprise in the Mail for Thankful Thursday
There was an unexpected package for me in yesterday's mail, and when I opened it up, it was two tie-dye totes from Trish over at Katnip Lounge.
Her husband makes and sells them on his Etsy shop and I had purchased a small one a few years ago (longer?). Trish actually remembered (!) that I'd said at the time I'd love a larger one to use as a shopping bag.
So now I have one!
It's super-heavy weight and durable and will be perfect for cases of cat food, groceries, etc. Note that she included a bonus small tote too!
So a huge thank you to Trish and Scott, it was a lovely surprise. I asked that she let me know when he starts selling the larger ones, as I'd like to buy one or two.
***
Update on Mom's hubby, Harry: He's still in hospital, still only eating a few teaspoons of pureed food a day, has lost a lot of weight (and he was frail to begin with). The big concern is the fluid in his pleural cavity; they're going to try draining that, in spite of the risks. He can't breathe without oxygen right now.
I wouldn't say it's looking good for him. I really don't know. He told Mom a couple of days ago that he doesn't want to live like this and it must have broken her heart to hear, even though they've been in agreement for years about "do not resuscitate" and "no heroic measures". Mom signed those papers for Harry (at the hospital) when he was admitted. I wish the process of dying were simpler and easier for us all, that we all could just go to sleep one night, after an awesome day, and not wake up and that's that.
***
Thanks for the suggestions of decals or larger knobs re: the kitchen drawers and doors. If I stumble across something I like (either option) I'll get it. Not sure what kind of decal would be suitable, though! (Cranky old lady Maxine stickers? Ha.)
Peace.
Random pics from the long weekend.

Comments
That was a great surprise to get in the mail!!
All the plantings look beautiful and of course the cats look very happy!
My heart goes out to your mom, you are so right that end of life is not easy.. not only in the fact that you are losing a loved one, but how complicated it all is.
I also must comment that I am really enjoying the quality of your photos. I mean I enjoyed them before, but they really seem to be improving over time.
RE: the pics: Same p&s cameras as always. I still prefer my old Canon Powershot, with the Fuji coming in a second. The little Elph I carry in my purse is crap.
I'm envious of the flowers looking so lush already, I just started planting my containers last night and it will be awhile before they fill in.
I can empathize with your mom and Harry, for all the planning and hard decisions made the last few days, months or weeks of life can be so difficult. My mom was ill for nearly six months and the last few weeks were awful for all of us and most especially her. My dad always said, getting old isn't for sissies. I hope things improve for Harry, but if that is not to be, I pray his passing is easy.
P.S. I like the idea of Maxine stickers!! Those would be so much fun!
Your poor mom and Harry. I can't even imagine how difficult this is for them. I'm so sorry.
The toes are super! And your garden is so pretty. The cats are handsome and photogenic as always.
We are sorry about your mom and Harry. Sending lots of purrs and good thoughts for you all.
Hugs to you and the boys (they look pretty happy in that sunpuddle)!