Busy Week

It's been really busy at work this week, still lots on the go. I had several projects due at the end of June, plus that conference, and I'm not sure why I thought things would quiet down afterward. Now I have several more projects due at the end of July, but mercifully no more conferences.  :-)

Yesterday's quote on SimpleReminders.com -- I so echo this.
Update on my step-dad: He's still in hospital, recovering from the hip surgery. He shocked Mom the other day by calling out something very vulgar and un-Harry-like as she was leaving. It's the dementia, of course, because Harry always has been a very moral person, and never in a million years would say something like that. It was funny, really. I won't repeat what Mom said it was, though.

The boys seem okay, though I found another (fatty?) lump on Derry, this time in his right armpit area. I'm having it checked on July 20th, as I know it's an area for lymph nodes. It's very mobile, and I so hope it's benign, as the other one was/is.

Yep, another trip to the dreaded v-e-t is on the horizon.
Nicki seems mostly okay, I think. Someone's been throwing up a lot of hairballs, in spite of all the combing I'm doing. I think it's Nicki, actually, but can't be sure. I'm also seeing bits of other stuff and I wonder if it's tiny pieces of cardboard -- I had left a shallow box in the basement for him to "eat," and have had it there for a few weeks now (I posted pics of his modern "art" a week or so ago). It only occurred to me yesterday, as I was cleaning up three messes on the basement floor, that some of that cardboard might have been ingested. So the box is cut up now and in the recycle bin, and I have a Furminator on order from Amazon.ca. He'll need a return trip to the vet soon too, for his anal glands, will get him checked out further if necessary. I was going to have an x-ray of his lungs done this time, but I can't pay for a needle aspirate of Derry's new lump and an x-ray in one go.

It's always something with pets!
As for the next door "fleas," I had thought the kids weren't home this week, but now I'm not sure. I heard a girl's high-pitched piercing scream twice yesterday after I got home, like it was right next door, but I've not seen or heard the kids otherwise. ::Shrug:: I sure hear the mother stomping around, though!

I think that's all the "excitement" at my end. :-P

I'll leave you with Mr. Frog, one of many that were in the pretty pond in the cemetery--I had gone there on Sunday morning for a walk and to "feed" the abundant mosquitoes.
Peace.

Comments

John Bellen said…
I know what you mean about it always being something with pets. We worry about them constantly. Does that cancel out the good they do for us through their joy and friendship? I don't know, but I can't stop taking care of them now, even if I wanted to, which I don't. What a mess we put ourselves in when we get a cat or dog!
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Still hoping for the best for Harry. Know it can't be easy at all on your Mom.
Also hope you're having more peace & quiet this summer than flea noise.
And that Derry's lump is just the benign fatty tissue (Mr Jinx has one too!)
Cat Lover said…
You have had a busy week Kim.
My Dad did the same thing as the dementia got worse. I think once in my life I heard my Dad swear before the dementia got so bad.
Hoping for all good news from the vet. Thinking good thoughts for them!
I hope you have a quiet,flea free weekend Kim! Take care.
wildcatwoods said…
We cared for a family friend who had dementia and she too was a very straight laced woman but went thru a period of using the most foul language we ever heard - it was surreal coming out of Bernadette! That period passed and we never heard another swear out of her. There is always something going on with cats whether you have two or 20! You are a great cat mom to be so on top of things! Have a restful weekend.
Saku said…
My dad very rarely ever swore, and although he had no dementia, one time had a bad infection and he swore like a drunken sailor. If he hadn't been so sick at the time it would have been funny. Thankfully he got better, and I hope that Harry improves so that he can leave the hospital.

Sorry to hear about Derry, hope things go well at the vet. You'll love the furminator...so worth the price. Since I've been using it on Sami and Sasha the number of hairballs has significantly declined. Saku will even let me use it on him once in a while.

Have a great weekend! Hope the fleas go to camp or something!
Anonymous said…
I hope you are having a sweet weekend. My heart goes out to Mom and Harry. That is such a hard situation. We will be praying for Derry. ❤
meowmeowmans said…
Dementia is so difficult, for the person who has it, and for those living with them. My dad, too, had it at the end of his life, and once in a while, he'd just blurt stuff out that was very unlike him. Prayers and good thoughts for your mom and Harry.

We, too, are hoping Derry's lump is just a fatty deposit. And that Nicki (or whoever) stops barfing now that the box is gone.

Hugs!