No walking, no eating!

I went for a lunch time walk today, mostly because I need to burn enough calories to eat supper.  :-p

It's heat-stroke hot out there and of course my hat is at home. I admit to feeling woozy now, with a slight headache, even though I was gone for only 40 minutes.

However, I got some snapshots, so that made up for it.

Heading across campus to the waterfront.
 The perfect day to be out on the water, if sailing is your thing.
 
 There were two more on the water doing this...a version of punting?
 Ms. Duck was keeping cool.
 This goose was busy grooming and ignored me
as I crouched down and took several pics.
 This dog did not want to get out of the water! Smart!
 Love the colour of the lilies.
These are all growing in front of a classroom
building and I couldn't resist a few snapshots.
 
 

On a sad note, Ivy from Cats of Wildcat Woods, has crossed to the "Rainbow Bridge."

Image from Ann @ Zoolatry
She was quite elderly and had serious health issues, but that doesn't make the journey through grief any easier. My thoughts and "purrayers" are with Cheri and Don. Purrs to them from Nicki and Derry.

Peace.

Comments

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
The photos are really lovely Kim.
There is something about yellow that is just happy.
I was very sorry to learn about Ivy. Deepest prayers.
Cats Herd You said…
What amazing sights you have near enough for your lunchtime walk! I really need to take a camera to get photos of the ducks in the pond by my office. But they are nowhere as scenic as the things you get to see on your walk.
Cat Lover said…
Lovely photos as always, Kim.
I am the same as you and get woozy if I am too long in the sun without a hat. I try to keep one with me at all times in the summer.
The dog definitely has the right idea!
So sad about Ivy. She looks like a lovely cat.
Take care and stay cool.
John Bellen said…
That's hot weather, all right. It looks cool down by the lake, though.

I went over to give my condolences on Ivy's passing. It always hurts knowing they should stay longer.
meowmeowmans said…
We are so sad about Ivy's passing.

That water looks like it would be nice to stick your bare feet in!