Apparently I'm bigger on brands than I realized!
Thanks for all the comments and input on the previous post! You all had me thinking about the products I use and apparently I do use certain brand name products more than I realized.
OxyClean (awesome stuff), Swiffer dry cloths, Purex laundry detergent, Costco's tp, Bounty paper towel...I'll buy name brand dish soap too, because the generic stuff I've tried is crap.
Now I have to take back my words that I'm not influenced by brand hype! Or at least I have to say I'm skeptical, will try the product before I believe the hype. :-)
***
Anyway, it's been a week, almost done with. I swear they've turned off the a/c at work in our suite...it's stuffy and sticky and we've all been feeling miserable. Either that or there's something in water affecting us all.
***
My step-dad had ended up in the ER Sunday night -- long story but he went back to the care facility Tuesday night, as he's "fine", other than he has some kidney problem. (Infection? Shutting down? I don't know and Mom either didn't know or didn't tell me.)
***
I'm taking vacation from Friday October 2nd through our Thanksgiving holiday. Looking forward to it! Dad and his wife will be here for only a few days, however, from late Sunday the 4th to Wednesday the 7th. I'm disappointed I won't get my father/daughter time this year, but it is what it is. Most of their time east will be spent with her family in Chicoutimi and Quebec City, and they have a number of friends and family in the Ottawa and Montreal areas too. It's a lot to cram into three weeks.
That's all I've got for the moment. I'll leave you with a couple of snapshots from this morning, as I was heading to work.
Foggy view in our green space (thinking of Robin's pic yesterday)
A nearby park area
Peace.
Comments
Sorry to hear about your stepfather having to go to the ER. Glad he's back at the facility, but that must be so hard on your mom. :(
How nice that you'll be taking some time off around the Thanksgiving holiday, even though you won't get special time with your dad. It is difficult, for sure, when friends and relations are so spread out, geographically. We run into that problem, too.
Anyway, hugs to you and the boys!
Poor Harry! How much more can that poor man stand? And your Mom too.
Lovely fog photos. It was very foggy for our walk this morning.
Take care and see you soon.
Not nearly as foggy here this morning, but still humid. I'm looking forward to an end to that come Sunday. (So is my frizzy hair. LOL.)
I'm so sorry about Harry. I understand about the disappointment of not getting your dad to yourself. Beautiful pictures!! That park one is especially beautiful.
As for Target products...Well, none of us in Canada got to try them for long, since that was a total flop.
Glad you have some off time to visit with your Dad and Stepmom.
Please don't call her my step-mom. Really. She's only 9 years older than me, for heaven's sake! :-O
I love OxyClean!!!
xoxo
catchatwithcarenandcody