Gimme Some Lovin'

Robin (A Bird's Life) and her husband came up yesterday to visit for a few hours (have I mentioned before what lovely people they are?) and Nicki took full advantage of the situation:

 
 
 
He was in his glory.  :-)

Derry spent most of the time upstairs, but he did come down and even let Robin touch him a bit. That's impressive for Derry!

A big thank you to both of them, and especially to Chuck, who replaced my two old smoke detectors (the upper one wired into the electrical system). I didn't realize the wired-in ones also expired, and the old one would have passed its effective date some years before I even bought the townhouse. (So if you have detectors that are older than 7 - 10 years, best to replace them ASAP, even if they still appear to be working!)

Anyway, today is another much-needed rainy day, so it'll be umbrella and rain jacket for me, when I head out to run a few errands. I hope everyone has a lovely day.

Peace.

Comments

Cat Lover said…
Oh Kim you are so sweet!
We had such a wonderful time. Always glad to help. I do love your kitties!
Looking forward to seeing you again. Anytime you can get down here, we would love to have you.
Take care in the rain today and talk soon!
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Nicki looks VERY happy!
What a lovely visit!
Angel Simba said…
Hah haha - Nicki is in his ELEMENT! Thanks for the heads up about the smoke detectors.
Rian said…
I can see that Nicki was certainly enjoying himself. You're right about those smoke detectors and do you also have a carbon monoxide detector, Kim?
Nicki is one happy cat =)
Great visit!
Saku said…
Awww.. Nicki is so adorable! He's obviously loving the attention.

I had no idea that hard wired smoke detectors could expire. One more thing to add to the list!

Have a wonderful day in the rain!
Annie Bear said…
Oh, what a happy camper Nicki is! Thanks for the info on smoked detectors. I need to look into ours now.
Kea said…
I'd love to pop down next month, if it works out for us all . A few hours out of this city would be nice!
Kea said…
It was, they're good people!
Kea said…
I only found out about the expiry on the wired in ones when I was chatting with the ac/furnace guy. I wonder if the condo corp would have any liability, for never having informed new owners.
Kea said…
I have one in the basement but need another for upstairs. It's on my to buy list, along with new fire extinguishers.
Kea said…
He was and it was, thanks. Hope that all is well at your end at the moment.
Kea said…
I didn't know either, until the ac/furnace sales guy mentioned it last month. Yes, add one to your priority list!
Nicki is so much like Cody!!! Cody eats up the lovin' too! Loved seeing you on Robin's blog!catchatwithcarenandcody
Kea said…
They should have an expiry date or a replace after date. I think my old wired in one had a replace after 1996 date. I only moved here in 2000! The condo corp should have replaced it when they were having this unit renovated to sell. Figures they couldn't be bothered.
Kea said…
Yes, Nicki has to be the centre of attention... all the time. Lol. I'm not sure he ever could get enough!
meowmeowmans said…
How nice that you got to visit with Robin and Chuck, and hooray for having those smoke detectors upgraded. Nicki definitely looks like he enjoyed himself! :)
John Bellen said…
I suppose I should check on my smoke detectors. They are probably past due.