It's "M M" Day! (And Question #4)
Mom's moving day!
I'm sitting here wondering how things are going, but as her phone and internet won't be hooked up until tomorrow, I don't think I'll find out. It's a crazy day for her, I'm sure. The end of 30+ years and the beginning of a new phase of her life.
***
Anyway, I thought I'd toss out question #4 from that TinyBuddha article: http://tinybuddha.com/blog/50-questions-to-foster-gratitude-and-feel-good-about-life/
4. Who’s someone who always really listens when you talk, and how does that affect you?
Um...Well, my former cubicle mate (with whom I met at lunch time) really listens when I talk. It's actually a bit disconcerting to have someone truly listen, because most of the time we're busy talking at people, or thinking of responses, or just doing other things while we're talking. At least I'm guilty of that--not always, but too often. Sometimes I find email is easier; I can take my time in responding, without distractions.
How about you? Do you know someone who gives you their full attention when you speak? Who truly listens? It's a rare talent, I think.
Peace.
Peace.

Comments
Good question today. Beyond the obvious (Chuck) I would say my sister and my Mum. My Mum and I talk a half hour every other day and I always enjoy it. My sister and I talk every two weeks or so and I love that connection too. My Mum worked the late shift when we were growing up so it was my sister (my Dad would have already left for work) who helped get us ready for school and I often think of that as I talk to her. We know if we say to each other "Don't tell Mum!" we won't.
Take care and have a good evening!
Good wishes for your Mom; such a big change. Having done it a few too many times I know it's exhausting ... and especially when you d-size after many, many years somewhere ... whew ... hugs, A
I hope your mum's move is going well.
My mentor, and friend, at work is probably the best listener I've ever met. Sometimes it's disconcerting because I say something without thinking and she catches me on it. I, on the other hand, am a lousy listener as I can only concentrate on one thing at a time...if there is a distraction I'm hooped. I've trained my staff to wait until I've turned away from my computer or desk before asking me questions or telling me anything...they know I probably haven't heard much of what they said.
I hope things went as smooth as possible for your Mom and hope she loves her new space.
Hope your mom's move goes well!
Thanks for your Gotcha Day wishes for the girls! I can't believe I totally forgot! I feel like a bad mom!
Mom's phone finally was hooked up mid-morning, but I spoke only briefly--unpacking chaos in the background, plus the cable/internet/phone guy was there and she was looking for her router or some such. LOL.
I'm not sure I trust anyone.Some people in some ways, but no one in all ways, if that makes sense.