Nicki's such a great help!

I had to hang around the house all day, waiting for FedEx to show up with the Ikea purchases. He finally did, around 2:30 PM.

Nicki was eager to help unpack; as soon as I put the first box down, he was there to open it.

 
 
 
I don't know what it is about cardboard, but you can't leave it around Nicki, he goes to town "eating" it (chewing and spitting it out). I know many cats do this, but he's the only one I've had who does. It's a sickness.  :-P
 Again, you can see what a help he was unpacking all the pieces.
And that was about it for his help! He spent the rest of the time sleeping while I put the two tables together.
There's a smaller (but taller) table that can slide over the top of the coffee table; I put that upstairs in the guest room (no pic). It's not bad for such an inexpensive item. I wanted to try something that had an "airier" feel, because my living space seems so small and cramped to me. The furniture I have now is "heavy" in appearance and just seems to "weigh" the room down.

So far I like it and hope I don't break it the next time I clean. I'm not known for being careful around furniture when I haul the vacuum around!
I'll keep my eye out for a small tray or basket of some sort for the remotes and miscellaneous items.

The other item I got was a large floral canvas print for my bedroom. I unpacked the box but didn't take the print out of its packaging. I'll look at putting that up another day. I hadn't wanted to put holes in the wall again and got some 3M Command "tape" that supposedly will hang pictures and hold up to 12 pounds. The canvas print is about 6.5 pounds....but the 3M Command stuff said not to use it to hang anything over the bed. LOL. So I might be forced to find a stud and use a nail. (I loathe patching nail or screw holes in drywall.)

I'm glad the items actually arrived today, don't think I could take another day inside anyway. I have a number of errands to run tomorrow, before everything is closed again for New Year's Day. It'll be another early start!  :-)

Peace.

Comments

Rian said…
I like your table. It looks very nice. I guess the 3M people don't want to be responsible for something falling on your head during the night? And isn't it funny about cats and cardboard boxes? Our Julie also goes bananas over packing tape or bubble wrap. She will eat holes in it... definitely not good for her so we try to keep it out of her way. Happy New Year Kea!
The Island Cats said…
Nicki just wanted the box...and cardboard!
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
I was curious about the 3M stuff now I can see it's not reliable -- or at least it makes me question it's reliability. Your table is great. Looks really good in your living room.
Saku said…
Whatever would you do without Nicki's assistance? The table looks great!

Good luck with the print. I'm lousy at finding studs and/or hanging things evenly.
meowmeowmans said…
That table looks great, Kim! Bravo to Nicki for all his invaluable help. MOL.

The 3M Command things have worked well for us, but we have not used them to hang anything over the bed!
Poppy Q said…
Hi Kim, well done putting your table together. Every self assembly project I have done over the years comes out wonky or won't look like the pictures. Nicki did a great job of helping you out. An exacto knife sounds like just what I need. Will look out at the hardware shop when I am next there.

Happy New Year to you all - wishing you a happy and healthy 2016.

Julie and Poppy Q
xxx
Annie Bear said…
Your table looks great! I'm so glad you had Nicki at least part of the time to help.

Hope you're enjoying your day getting out and about!
Random Felines said…
Daiquiri has a cardboard fetish as well :)

Cheers to a happy and healthy 2016
John Bellen said…
That's a nice looking table. I don't usually care for modern furniture, but that is attractive.

I don't have a cardboard-chewing cat, but Cammie likes to lick plastic then make chewing actions with her mouth, though she hasn't bitten anything off. Cats.
Cat Lover said…
Very nice table Kim! Convenient to have two shelves for your stuff. I love all the photos of Nicki helping.
We did some errands today too. The weather is so much better, the sun is actually out at this moment.
Take care and talk soon.