I'm soaking up the peace and quiet!
I was out doing a few errands early this morning, as usual. Stocked up on coffee and chai latté pods (on sale) for the new FlexBrew that Mom gave me for Christmas. I love it! Used it for the first time this morning, with both a pod and my then own ground coffee. Heaven. (I have an old 4-cup coffee maker that I've been using at home, and we have a pod brewer at work. Now I can use pods at home too; woohoo! How does it get any better than this?)
And every cell in my body is soaking in the lovely, lovely peace and quiet, with the neighbours gone at least for a few more hours. I have jazz playing, my Christmas tree lights are on, the cats are curled up nearby, I have a glass of wine...How does it get any better than this?
Anyway, the boys had fun Christmas morning. I gave them a new scratcher and wand toy, and Mom had sent them a couple of catnip toys. Keep an eye on Derry in the background in many of the snapshots. :-)
Christmas Day had an added bonus for me: Ikea had free parcel shipping for online orders. Woohoo! I used a little bit of family gift money to order a couple of small nesting tables, plus a large floral canvas print for my bedroom. Both inexpensive, but not items I'd have paid delivery for. So how does it get any better than this? Delivery supposedly is this week, but I've not had any tracking number yet from Fed Ex. If I'm back to work before they do deliver, I'll call them and have the items re-routed to the office. I really want a bed frame (I've had only a box spring and mattress, not even a headboard, my entire adult life) and a new dining table and chairs, but I need to get to Ikea in person; those are not items I'd buy just from the web site alone. I wish Ikea would open a pick-up depot in our city; they opened one this fall in London, ON, and I think our area would be perfect for another. I did leave a comment to that effect on their FB site, for what it's worth.
So that was the "excitement" for Christmas Day. :-)
It's looking like tomorrow will be half-decent weather before a messy winter storm is set to descend, so I hope to get out and take a few snapshots somewhere, maybe run a few more errands. If we get freezing rain on Tuesday I'll be hunkered down inside!
Oh, and before I end this, I did something today I've not done in oh, probably about 8 years: put a semi-permanent colour in my hair to perk it up. Clairol-something lightest golden brown. It's been almost 2 years since I've had my stylist do hi-lites, and I while I'm fine with embracing the white, I've just felt kind of "blah" lately. Didn't want to commit to permanent colour. I'd never do that myself anyway, because (a) I wouldn't get the most flattering colour for my skin and (b) I do not want the work of it, as I absolutely loathe the "skunk" line I see on so many women (i.e. grey roots). I don't have the patience for the upkeep that permanent colour demands, and don't have the budget to have it professionally done. So I'm pleased, at least for the time being, as it has added a bit of colour and warmth. Especially needed at this drab time of year.
How does it get any better than this? LOL.
Take care, everyone.
Peace.
Comments
Your boys look so happy playing, so many good presents for them.
Have a good day!
Glad the peace and quiet has lasted for a little while...hopefully it lasts a little longer. You're not the only one who has never had a bed frame, I'm the same. I'm definitely going to get one when I retire...at least that's what I say now.
Have a wonderful rest of your staycation. Hope IKEA comes through and the delivery is made on time. We've got no IKEA here, the closest one is an 8 hour drive away.