All set for the main level flooring installation

The main level flooring is scheduled for Friday April 8th and Saturday April 9th. He figures a day and a half. Only one doorway (two sides) to angle grind this time, and everything else should be (fates willing) straightforward. I'm looking forward to having this done!
****
I called 1-800-Got-Junk this morning and arranged an after-work time (today) for them to come and get rid of the old sofa bed. I specified in my comments that both the main door and screen/storm door would have to come off and then be put back on properly, or the sofa bed would have to come apart, possibly the frame cut. I'm not sure they can do either of these things, and if so, for a price I can manage, but I'll find out. Someone please cross their fingers this is doable, without breaking or damaging anything, because I'd really like to get rid of the thing. It's become the "weight" around my neck (my mind) now, and I want to streamline and simplify, so that when the time comes to move, it's as quick and as easy as possible. If they can get it out of the house, I won't have much to sit on, but I'm okay with that. Any sofa I buy would be (a) not a bed and (b) apartment/condo sized or modular and easy to take apart.

And if they can't take it, or it's too expensive to take it, I will find another way, presumably by cutting it up myself. However I have to do it, it's being removed from my house!

Appropriate words for me today.  :-)
I hope everyone's day is going right!

Peace.

Comments

Cat Lover said…
Hi Kim, good luck with the junk company. My Mum always used them and never had any trouble. They were very careful.
Looking forward to seeing all the changes at your house!
Great quote!
Kea said…
Good to know that your mum used them and all was okay! I did Google for complaints -- there were some (US and other parts of Canada), but for the great majority of customers comments were positive.
nicki & derry...doodz....werd guys...de jungle gymz headin out de door, make sure ALL yur toyz R out frum under it and therz no looze 50's and 100's sticked in de cushionz !!!

N tell yur mom if theeze doodz R profesional mooverz....it WILL get outta yur houze, even if they toss it out de paddy oh door ...

984 paws crossed ♥♥♥
Kea said…
Thanks for the 984 paws crossed! :-)

It could go out the patio door if both sliding doors were removed, but sadly, with the narrow gate and fence top addition, it would have to stay in the back space. LOL. So it has to be out the front door either whole or in pieces!
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
I'm awaiting your update on how this all goes today!
Keeping all fingers and paws crossed for you.
Angel Simba said…
Good luck! Sofa beds are so much heavier, aren't they? Your graphic says just the right thing for so many circumstances. Thanks!
Anonymous said…
I cannot wait for my floors to be "done"...but I dread the "doing" part. I love your quote!
I had a sofa bed in my studio apartment...it was pretty heavy. Goes crossed that the company can help you out at a reasonable price.
Love the quote graphic...it requires a completely new way of thinking. Well, at least for me. =)
meowmeowmans said…
We hope it all went well today (I'm reading your posts in the order they were written)! At least I won't have to wait until your next post. Ha!
The Cat Guy said…
and the home remodeling work continues! you've had quite the year of projects.