Junk guys are miracle workers!

I am couch-less. Without sofa bed. Camping out on the floor.

Woohoo!

They came prepared to cut it up, but didn't need to. They didn't even need to take the doors off! They took the short legs off and got the right angle and out it went.

I asked if I could take a pic, no faces, for my blog. The guy on the left stood up and asked if I wanted to snap another with him standing. I said no, the pants sliding down was fine. LOL.
 
 He's not bending from the knees.
Sorry for the blurry pic, but I couldn't exactly tell them to stop so I could fiddle with the camera. In any event, there she goes!  :-)
The company (1-800-Got-Junk) does donate what and where they can, so I hope it will go to a charity or that someone they know can make good use of it. But if not...shrug. It was about 25 years old and didn't owe me any money.

Speaking of which, it was half what I thought it would be to remove it, so I gave them a hefty tip.

It's ironic that the one item I thought would be so problematic turned out to be pretty easy. Life can be like that, can't it?

Peace.

Comments

Katie Isabella said…
My dear, you are really efficient and you get things done! A woman after my own heart. Once I start, I do too. Heeeee.
Kea said…
You get $10 off if you book the pick up for the same day (that you're putting the request through). That was a small motivation. Mostly I was motivated because I wanted it gone before the new flooring goes in next week. :-)
John Bellen said…
Movers like those men have done that a hundred times, so they probably know all the angles - literally. A successful riddance.
meowmeowmans said…
Hooray! I'm so happy it worked out so well! And for less than you thought it would. :)
Poppy Q said…
What a successful removal. Are you planning on getting another one?

Kea said…
Yes, I'm thrilled to be rid of it, hope someone else will make good use of it now.
Kea said…
Thanks, I'm happy about it too! :-)
Kea said…
Yes, something to sit on, either a new couch (not a sofa bed!) or a couple of comfy armchairs. I'm not sure yet. Been doing a lot of browsing online, but I need to set aside some weekend time to visit a few stores in the area, see if I like anything.
Cat Lover said…
Hi Kim, so glad everything went smoothly. How are the boys doing without the couch?
Kea said…
Well, after Derry came downstairs, and I had vacuumed up, they had a blast chasing each other around, though they did seem perplexed that the sofa was gone. Derry because he liked to hide under the cover under it or behind it, and Nicki because he slept on it all the time. :-)
Angel Simba said…
Excellent that it went so well! And useful information for my peeps. However I would be bereft if the shipped off "my" couch.
Kea said…
Simba, it would just mean the opportunity to have a new, comfier couch to put your furs on. :-)

BTW, I cannot speak for the competency and reliability of any other 1-800-Got-Junk employees, just these two!
Annie Bear said…
It really is so nice when something goes so quickly and well. It's good to know about this company.

Now for the flooring!
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
That was a terrific experience glad it went so smoothly!
Kim

I used to work in the office at a furniture store and if the delivery guys "know their stuff"...you'd be surprised what can go into or out of a house//apartment...including piano's !!

YAY !!!! happy for you that it's gone ♥♥♥
Saku said…
It is amazing to me how some moves/furniture guys are so good at knowing what will fit and just how to make it happen. I remember moving once and one man picked up my box spring and carried it on his own!

Glad it went so well. Good luck with search for something to replace it!
That must be a relief =) Glad to hear the endorsement for this company as well...because you never know!
Anonymous said…
Nice job! Git 'er done, Kea!