"Two Out of Three Ain't Bad"

[With a nod to Robin, who often uses snippets of songs or song titles for her blog posts.]

In my case, the two out of three was two days of the three-day holiday doing...are you sitting down?...almost nothing.

No major decluttering. No big spring cleaning. No renos. Nada.

I had big plans for Good Friday, to get all the cleaning done, some reorganizing, etc., etc. I went back to bed instead, and managed to get all the laundry done after I got up again. I think that was it for me.

Saturday was my usual errands in the morning, and pick up (thanks to a co-worker and his car) of the upstairs baseboard trim in the afternoon, from Rona. Rona, btw, charges $80 for in-city delivery on week days only, no weekends. (!!!!!!!) That's obscene. I gave my co-worker a gift certificate to a favourite store as a thank you for his time and the inconvenience. But not an $80 gift card!

My garage is filled with debris now, no room for any new supplies
in there, so the trim is in the living/dining area for the time being.
Yesterday was a gorgeous, sunny and relatively warm day and I had the windows open for a while to get some fresh air into the house. I got my taxes done (rough copy), which was the day's major achievement. Eileen, if you read this, thank you for the spreadsheet you sent last (?) year! I did everything by hand and came up owing about double what I normally do, so plugged my numbers into your spreadsheet (with updated rates and amounts, of course). I had missed the employment tax credit, so that brought the amount I owe down to a more reasonable figure.

Anyway, yesterday was also good TV viewing: a new episode of the Australian Dr. Blake Mysteries and the start of season 2 of the British Grantchester, both on PBS. (James Norton and Robson Green in their skivvies, swimming. Gees, does it get better than that? LOL.)

As for the boys, I'm not sure they knew what to make of having their biped home for two days (albeit not consecutive). They went out frequently and just enjoyed the sunshine.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The bonus was that the next door neighbours were gone Saturday and Sunday -- maybe to allow for showings of the house? (Not sold yet.) Whatever the reason, the weekend was gloriously peaceful! (If they don't get what they want or they take the house off the market for other reasons, I'll be devastated. However, I shall continue to hope for a sale and for decent, quiet, unobtrusive new neighbours!)

Peace.

Comments

doodz....itz grate ta see de ole: nicki derry tussle again !! glad yur mom got ta spend sum time with ewe both... & we dunno de hole storee bout de nayborz... but we noe enuff ta say ... we haz all 984 pawz crossed.....they mooooooooooove !! ♥♥♥
Kea said…
The boys still tussle, usually daily, I just don't get indoor pics. And their tussles aren't as prolonged anymore, for the most part. :-)

As for the adjoining townhouse neighbours, you don't want to know. Suffice to say I finally got a back bone and called the police about a month ago, after 4 years of it. Should have called Child Services and/or the police a month after they bought the place and moved in.
John Bellen said…
A long weekend should be long on weekend and short on work. Good for you. And I agree with the Tabbies, it's good to see the boys at it again. I chuckled over the latter half of their photos when it looked like Nicki was suggesting a fight and Derry turned to ask, "You want to fight?" Then they were at it again.
Kea said…
Yes, Derry started the first round, Nicki was the instigator for the second one. After which the sun was so warm and felt so good that he just lay there in the dirt. LOL.
Cat Lover said…
Wasn't the sunshine lovely yesterday! You deserved a quiet weekend Kim. Very quiet here too. I love all the photos of the boys. They looked like they were full of beans.
Take care!
Kea said…
They were full of beans. But I'd rather have them like that than sick, even if Nicki often drives me bananas with his antics. :-)
I am sure that you aren't going to have a bad neighbor situation twice!! That would be beyond unfair!! Also....thank you for putting your title in quotes...you and I are the ONLY ones who do that when we use a song title in a heading (that I have seen so far).......YAY US!! xoxo
Kea said…
Caren, given the mentality of the people who come in to this complex now (mostly 20-something and mostly renters), it's quite possible to have yet another bad neighbour situation. I certainly hope not, though. I was brought up to be considerate (and quiet) when living in this kind of housing, or apartments, but people today seem to feel they're entitled to carry on as they please, with no regard to the impact on others. I guess I'm showing my age!

As for the title in quotes: I seldom use song titles and I can't swear I've always put them in quotation marks, but yes, generally when I'm citing titles or someone's words, I put the text in quotes. Just don't look through back posts with a keen eye. LOL.
Angel Simba said…
I am sure the rest was restorative for you. Nicki and Derry really do look like they are relishing the time outside together.
Great to see the boys enjoying the outside. And happy to hear you had some time for "chillaxin'"
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Sounds like a lovely 3 days! I think you'll not get two bad apples in a row next door. Not saying you won't hear your neighbors but I can't imagine really crazy again. I have to tell you I was worried about a single man young too moving in next door but I never see him or hear much of anything...I count my blessings every day.
Poppy Q said…
Like you Kim, I just mooched about a bit, and only got a little part of my must do list done. But - it was lovely to have some down time.

Your boys look they love the outdoors adventures. The weather has been mild here, so miss Pops has been outside for much of the time, barely coming back inside.

Julie and Poppy Q
The boys do seem to be enjoying the sunshine.
Glad you had a restful weekend.
Toes crossed for quieter, more considerate, neighbors!
Kea said…
The boys were! There's nothing like the sunshine and warmth of spring, after a freezing winter. :-)
Kea said…
I was happy too. More renos coming up, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel, at least for this year. :-)
Kea said…
What a relief that your neighbour has turned out to be quiet and unobtrusive! I had 4 previous years of endlessly barking dogs, and now the 4+ years with these...people...so it's time for someone quiet and unobtrusive next door. (Please gods and Fates...make it so!)
Kea said…
I think we don't get enough "down" time in our busy-busy world. I also think our values are a bit skewed! So I'm glad you got to relax too. :-)
Kea said…
Thanks! I hope that if/when the unit sells, the new people, whether owners or renters, have some common sense and put down area rugs and runners to help absorb the noise. It's one big echo chamber over there. Idiots.
Anonymous said…
I love the pictures of the boys. I had to chuckle at this title. I am a big fan of Michael (formerly Marvin) Lee Aday.
meowmeowmans said…
Nice, Kim! That sounds like a most restful and restorative weekend for you, Nicki and Derry!