Flooring, at last
With the exception of one piece of moulding along the upper hallway, which the floor guy is coming back this morning to do, the flooring is done.
I didn't even bother to take pics before I left him to it on Friday morning. Either I was too tired or I'm just becoming too blasé about it all. I snapped these after I got home in the early afternoon.
Almost done!
The contrast in colour between the old laminate and the new.
He finished around 6 PM on Friday, and I love how he said since he'd done all his cuts outside things wouldn't be too dirty inside. The Swiffer pad below was AFTER I had swept, Swiffered several times already, vacuumed and then mopped. I'm not kidding. I went through almost an entire huge box (the big ones from Costco) before the floor was reasonably free of the dust and dirt. I didn't get to bed till about 11 PM on Friday, exhausted and sore from all the cleaning and of course from moving things back downstairs from the upper rooms in which I had stored them.
And either I'm clueless or exhausted (or both), but it took me till yesterday evening before I realized all the dirt/dust on my patio door glass was INSIDE, not outside. Then it dawned on me that if the glass had all that dust, the walls must too. ::Headdesk:: So yesterday evening I went through another slew of Swiffer pads going over the main level walls and the upper hall ones too. The upper hall wasn't too bad, but all the walls needed it. The living room curtains need to be washed, but I want to get a new curtain rod this weekend or next, so I'll wait till then to take them down and toss them in the washer.
Anyway, on Friday I also went to Leon's to check out their sofas. The one I liked the best online was nice in store, but I wasn't crazy about the fabric or how it felt sitting on it. They had a loveseat with large wing arms that was quite comfy and felt nice and solid, though I didn't like the style as much. (Also comes in taupe, swatch below).
I must have been there a good hour and had had enough for the day, was leaning toward the loveseat, when I happened to see one in a sand colour that I liked. By chance I looked at the info and saw that it also came in a condo sofa at 76.5 inches long. Not quite as comfy as the loveseat above, but a better length and in a commercial-grade fabric that would be far more durable than the softer fabric of the loveseat. (Thinking the cats, of course.)
The pic below is from the loveseat from Leon's web site. The colour isn't quite right, but neither was the colour of the snapshot I took with my camera. It's a light sandy brown under the Leon's lights.
I ended up going back yesterday and ordering it in the condo size. It
was hard to pass up at $200 off the regular price, plus no tax and free
delivery. I hope it will be okay and that it will hold up for 10 years. I
don't expect it to last as long as my old sofa bed, that's for sure. It
will take up to 8 weeks to get here, as it depends on whether the
manufacturer has any in stock or has to make it. (I don't know where the
plant is, maybe the Toronto area. Made in Canada, anyway.)
I liked the colour in-store much better than the web pic, but those pillows are ugly. I don't know if the condo-size means two longer seat cushions or three.
Who knows what it will look like in my house. Store lights are deceiving and of course colours on a computer monitor can be very different in person. Whatever the colour ends up being, it's a plain, neutral couch that will look better with pretty pillows and throw/afghan.
So it's been a very expensive four months! I'm sure my bank and the credit card company love me. Ha. But it's been worth it to start the much-needed improvements and I don't regret it. I can hardly wait to tackle the rest of the bathroom and then the kitchen, and all the painting, all the trim, etc. LOL.
That's for another time...another year. :-)
Peace.

Comments
Have a great Sunday, Kim! Hugs to you, Nicki and Derry.
I love your new sofa! Very classy.
Take care.
The couch is okay. Not my preferred one, but in my budget, so...You do what you can do.
Looking very nice