Thursday Thoughts
Actually, not too many thoughts to share. The week's passing, as all do, and mercifully this one seems to be going by more quickly than last. Probably because the super moon and all the associated craziness is over and done with! :-)
I'm decidedly lacking in any holiday spirit yet, which is atypical for me. Usually early in November I start to hum and play Christmas music and anticipate putting up my little tree. This year? Nothing. Nada. Not even a teensy bit of care for the upcoming season. I do have lights on the fat shrub beside my front step, thanks to the help of friends Robin and Chuck last weekend, but I'm seriously thinking I'll pass on putting up my indoor tree this year. Ho-hum and yawn.
However, our city is in the holiday spirit, with new lamp post lighted ornaments:
They still have the lighted snowflakes too, but gone seem to be the wreaths of past years. I like these ornaments, actually, and it's lovely to peer down the main street and see them all in the early morning, on the way to the office.
As for said super-moon, I have two more shots:
Early morning on the 14th, with the Fuji
On the way to work on the 15th with the pocket point & shoot.
A final burst of colour along my favourite limestone row houses, also on the 15th.
Finally, a couple of sky shots yesterday AM -- I was entranced by the clouds and the light, though the pocket p&s doesn't do reality justice.
Take care, everyone. Be well and stay safe, especially those of you who are in dangerous earthquake or fire zones.
Peace.
Comments
we bee out til munday ~~~ heerz two a halfmoon fish kinda week oh end ~~~~~~~~ ♥♥♥
Have a great weekend, you and the entire fur crew. :-)
As for the Christmas spirit, I haven't gotten into it yet myself, but I will put up my small tree (about four feet tall). I didn't last year because I was moving from my house at the time. This year, I and the beasts are secure in our new home. Where I'm going to put up the stockings, I don't know. There's no fireplace here.
Perhaps you'll develop more of a yuletide excitement in the coming weeks.
Growing up, our "stockings" were Dad's wool bush socks. Always an orange in the toe, with the rest of the sock being filled with necessities. Mom would pin a little red or green bow to the top of the sock and prop them at the bottom of the stairs. :-)
On our walk this afternoon we noticed the town workers have decorated the Main Street. It looks lovely. Big snowflakes in white lights attached to each lamp post. A large tree in the town square with the bandshell being decked out in coloured lights.
I haven't had much Christmas spirit since Dad died so I just put up a few decorations.
I love the story about your Christmas stockings. My Mum and Dad pinned ours to the living room couch. I still have my original stocking too.
Have a good evening!
Love the photos, especially the second photo of the super moon!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Thailand is Buddhism country, but general we do celebrate everything. Probably not this year because Thai lose their beloved king. Mom, herself struggles to feel fun. It's not the end of the world but she just couldn't make herself cheer up. She tried so hard though but not 100 % . Today she plans to do some exercise, she hope this can help =^x^=
Kim and the kitties, You have you have a wonderful weekend.
I think there's almost "pressure" by retailers and such to "get in the holiday mood" earlier and earlier each year. It's not even the end of November yet. You still have time to catch that spirit. ;)