"Walking in a winter wonderland"

I snapped these on Tuesday morning, heading downtown for an appointment. As I commented on someone else's blog, winter always looks pretty when it's in someone else's photos.  :-D

 
 
 
However, the reality of winter in this city is poorly cleared sidewalks that are covered in ice, making walking conditions treacherous.
Ice-grippers for one's boots are a must!

[BTW, yes, the replacement base TV cabinet from Ikea was delivered on Tuesday...intact. Woohoo!]

Peace.

Comments

Cat Lover said…
Lovely photos Kim. Such wonderful old buildings in Kingston. Ice grippers are a fantastic idea. Yahoo your TV cabinet arrived. Looking forward to seeing all your recent changes.
Stay warm and be careful today.
Katie Isabella said…
Man, talk about going skating! I would hate walking on those sidewalks and I am sure that doing so is not at the top of your fun list either!!! The pics are beautiful as always!
Kea said…
Well, if you visit any time before the new year, you're more likely to see a living space stuffed with items to put together and everything in upheaval. :-D
Kea said…
No, it's not on the top of my fun list. How anyone with a walker or wheelchair gets around in winter is beyond me. Via taxi or not at all, I imagine.
Annie Bear said…
It looks so beautiful, but yikes about the ice! Yes, it really is easy to appreciate the beauty of snow and winter in photos, especially yours that are always so lovely!
John Bellen said…
Someone should put a sign on sidewalks like that reading 'Lawsuits welcome.'
Kea said…
Thanks! Everyone else's winter pics always look better, though. :-D
Kea said…
Yes, it's a wonder people aren't suing left, right and centre. We're too polite, we Canadians.
guys...we heer ya...it taked de food servizz gurl 5 minitz ta walk two de mail box on monday...noe joke, coz oh all de ice on de street N sidez walk ~~~~~~~~~~~ faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa N yes, winter doez look nice up at yur houz !!!!!!! ☺☺☺☺

heerz two a merry Christmas anda happee one anda blessed one.....see ya ina few ☺☺☺☺♥♥♥♥♥
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
I can understand you're point about the photos being lovely to look at and awful to maneuver in!
if you do have ice grippers you are one smart lady!
BeadedTail said…
Very pretty but looks oh so cold! We got snow/ice which is rare here and it reminds me how much I don't like it! Glad your TV cabinet arrived in good shape!
Kea said…
Your food service needs some ice-grippers too! Be careful!
Kea said…
Absolutely! Winter always looks nicer in pics anyway, regardless of the state of sidewalks. The reality of snow and cold isn't enjoyable at all, IMO!
Kea said…
Four different types, in fact, for varying conditions. :-)
Kea said…
Yeah, every winter I'm reminder how much *I* don't like it, either! :-D