I haven't forgotten you, dear Chum

It will be 10 years tonight that Chumley died unexpectedly. I'm not going to dwell on it, but I won't let the date pass without acknowledging that I still love him, still think of him daily. When I'm frustrated with Nicki's and Derry's never-ending neediness, I think of Chumley. Everything I do for them is in honour of him, because I knew so little about cats when he was with me and didn't understand how depressed I was and how that affected my behaviour. I can't give Chum a do-over, but I can make sure I take the best care possible of my boys, because of him, for him.

My darling Chum, I will love you forever. Wait for me.

Comments

Cat Lover said…
Chum loved you and you gave him the best life a cat could have Kim. I see you with your boys now and the care and love you give them is astounding.
He is waiting for you.
Robin and Chuck XOX
Kea said…
I give that to the boys, Robin, because I *didn't* give Chum all the love and attention he so wanted and needed. But thank you.
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
I understand the feelings and the regret and then the acceptance. He is waiting for you Kim, and just like when I get to reunite with my Abby it will be glorious for both of us when it happens.
John Bellen said…
That is how I feel about Tungsten. I gave her love and attention but looking back on it, I realise it was not enough. Perhaps it's why my life is willed with cats' needs now.
Kim....I can assure you sure as I write this comment, Chumley IS waiting for you, as is Annie, and the ponies and everyone be they person or pet, whom you loved ♥♥♥

I can recall this 10 second dream as if it happened yesterday; the night Dude died, out of ALL the places he COULD have been "seen" in my dream.....I saw him with my grandparents.....no joke.....

hugs to you today ~~~~~ ♥♥♥ Laura
Kea said…
I was unknowingly clinically depressed for most of Chum's time with me, and had a hair-trigger temper and otherwise volatile moods. I know I did the best I knew how to do at the time, but oh, I know so much more now. I know I don't give Nicki and Derry the seemingly-constant attention they want, but they get far more than ever-patient and ever-forgiving Chumley got. My penance, perhaps. I can truly say he made me a better cat "mom".
Kea said…
Ohhh, that gave me chills! (((Hugs)))
Saku said…
What a handsome boy he was - and a good teacher too. I'm glad you found your way out of the depression and have Nicki and Derry to keep you company and make you laugh.

Hugs!
Annie Bear said…
Chum really is a darling. I can tell every time I see his face. I understand what you mean by doing so much for Nicki & Derry because of him. Hugs to you.
BeadedTail said…
Chumley was very handsome. He will be there waiting for you and is still with you every day in your heart.
meowmeowmans said…
I know that your beloved Chumley is waiting for you, Kim. Thinking of you, and sending all good thoughts as you remember your sweet, beloved boy.
Kea said…
Nicki and Derry make me do something.... :-D

Thanks, Eileen!
Kea said…
Thanks, hugs back!
Kea said…
Yes, he is in my heart every day, even though a decade has passed. Sweet boy...I do miss him!
Kea said…
Thanks so very much.
SuziQCat said…
Beautiful. HUGS to you and the boys today
I am so sorry, what a handsome boy. My Bobo will be gone 10 years this July.
Kea said…
Thanks. He was a beautiful cat, and endlessly forgiving of all my faults.
Kea said…
Hugs, Caren. How quickly these years pass!
Katie Isabella said…
Tears. I know how you feel. xoxo
Poppy Q said…
Awww sounds like Chum was just what you needed at the perfect time. Maybe you were brought together so he could give YOU love.

Xxx