Moving right along
I was going to wait for warmer/better weather for the Salvation Army donation pick-up, but why not now? Better to keep things moving along.
So they're coming on Monday the 16th, and I have fingers crossed that the weather will at least be dry. I won't have as much as in the previous two donation pick-ups in 2016, but there still will be a fair bit and I intend to go through everything this weekend, to see what else I'm ready to get rid of. (Actually, I'm ready to donate most of my furniture now, except I still live in the house and don't really want to keep my clothes and linens in boxes. LOL.)
So they're coming on Monday the 16th, and I have fingers crossed that the weather will at least be dry. I won't have as much as in the previous two donation pick-ups in 2016, but there still will be a fair bit and I intend to go through everything this weekend, to see what else I'm ready to get rid of. (Actually, I'm ready to donate most of my furniture now, except I still live in the house and don't really want to keep my clothes and linens in boxes. LOL.)
Yesterday early AM at my bus stop.
What an icy mess. Hurry up, Spring!
We've had warmer temps and rain since,
so a lot of the snow has disappeared now, which is fine by me.
so a lot of the snow has disappeared now, which is fine by me.
Nicki continues to improve, or at least seems to be improving, though he's not yet back to eating his meager daily ration of kibble.
Derry -- well, I don't know what got into him last night, but he was full of cattitude and beans. I caught him lounging on the dining table, as cool as you please, when I came downstairs from my shower. (They know not to get up on the counters or table in my presence.) I chased him off and he spent the evening zooming around and generally looking for trouble, which usually is Nicki's domain. Maybe he felt the need to take up Nicki's slack, or maybe he's just getting stir crazy indoors.
Yeah, yeah, don't be fooled by a sweetly sleeping kitty!
The work week has been fine so far for me. Challenging for a co-worker and her family, whose sister-in-law died last Saturday in a freak accident (out walking, killed by a falling tree). Then yesterday, her mother-in-law's sister passed of a heart attack. (That is, the same woman who just lost her daughter then lost her own sister.) Apparently the sister had been unwell and in a nursing home, so it wasn't unexpected, but the timing was exceptionally bad. My co-worker said her m-i-l's sister (in the home) took the loss of her niece very hard. I really don't know how much grief one family can bear. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.
So I have nothing to complain about at all.
My hope is that your week also has given you nothing about which to grumble.
Peace.
So I have nothing to complain about at all.
My hope is that your week also has given you nothing about which to grumble.
Peace.
From TinyBuddha.com

Comments
Love the quote from Tiny Buddha.
Talk soon!
Funny Derry, he must have felt he needed to fill in for Nicki. Hope Nicki continues to improve.
As for Derry, that sneaky eye says it all...
That's so sad about all that your co-worker's family is going through. We're sending all good thoughts their way.
sorree fuzzy talez haz been hackered.....that happenz A LOT at de food gurlz place oh employ.....two manee peepulz; two manee emailz....purrayerz two de familee oh yur moms co werkerz...♥♥♥