Shades of Grey
And not of the 50 variety, of which I have no interest at all. No, of the Confederation Basin Marina in winter kind. :-)
I popped downtown early yesterday morning, before running errands in the west end, and with a chai latté in hand, snapped a few pics at the downtown marina. Grey on grey on grey, though the sun finally did make an appearance a bit later in the morning. We had a few centimeters of snow Saturday night, so everything looked fresh yesterday morning. Click to enlarge the snapshots for better viewing.
The Murney Tower, with Wolfe Island in the distance.
City Hall, below.
It was nice to be down there without masses of people.
There were only a few out and about.
The Spirit of Sir John A.
The ferry coming in.
Looking toward Wolfe Island.
Some of the Wolfe Island windmills.
Looking west of the marina at a waterfront path,
plus a zillion condos out of the frame on the far right.
St. George's Cathedral (Anglican), from one side.
(Entrance is on the street at the far left, out of the frame.)
Coming home, I could see bunny tracks all through the snow,
hopping along quite a distance. I snapped this pic by my fence.
It was a nice little outing before catching the bus for errands. I had to push myself to go, because I've reached my tolerance level for winter and feel "blah" now, but I'm glad I did get out. I enjoyed it, even though I wasn't snapping pics of anything new. (Every winter I take the same pics at least once!)
I hope you did something enjoyable this weekend too!
Peace.
Comments
Today the sun is beautiful even though it is cold.
Take care.
The day looks glorious--I've been inside since about 7:15 though, won't escape till about 4PM. But just having it brighter makes me feel better!
We had a warmish day today, temps above zero with rain this morning. My driveway is nearly clear of snow. Not sure I want to look at the forecast.
Have a great week!
Even more than fewer hours of daylight, I miss GREEN and I miss flowers. That's the hardest part about our long, long, long winters.