Spring Teaser

A co-worker celebrated her birthday on the 26th, and her daughter (who lives and works overseas) sent her these flowers.


Of course I asked to borrow them to snap a few macro shots!

 
 
 
 

Every cell of my body seems to be "inhaling" the colour! A welcome bit of cheer, even only in pics, in an otherwise grey and dreary winter landscape.

Peace.

Comments

Cat Lover said…
Kim, when I first looked at the photos I found myself sniffing like I could smell them. What gorgeous flowers! Thanks for sharing!
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing. We needed that!
Kea said…
I know...I stuck my nose in them, wishing I *could* smell them!
Kea said…
You're welcome. LOL. I've reached my limit for grey, grey, grey now. Really feel in a funk at the moment. Winters are too long in this part of the world!
Kea said…
They are. It's tempting to have fresh flowers in the house, but I don't trust the boys to keep from nibbling on them--or Nicki to deliberately knock them over. :-/
John Bellen said…
Do they have scents? I can almost smell them, whether they do or not.
Kea said…
I don't know, because I lost my sense of smell years ago (probably the cat allergies and/or other allergies). I still remember what roses smell like though. Maybe some day I'll be able to smell them again.
Saku said…
The flowers (and pics) are lovely. I'm going to leave this post up so I can continue to look at them. Definitely a taste of spring!

Thanks for sharing.
Poppy Q said…
What a beautiful gift. Nice photos Kim.
meowmeowmans said…
Beautiful! That was so nice of your co-worker's son. And your macro shots are amazing!

Happy Sunday to you and the boys. :)
Kea said…
Thanks! It was nice of my coworker to let me take pics of her flowers. LOL.
Kea said…
I might have to go to the City greenhouse open house this year -- I haven't gone in the past few years. I could use some flower therapy...and warmth!
Kea said…
No one sends me flowers. LOL. Well, not for a few years, anyway. Maybe for the next big birthday. :-D
Kea said…
It was a lovely gift for my coworker. The little p&s Nikon does okay for macro shots, but my old Canon Powershot and my Fuji do better. :-)