Obsession

As I mentioned, I bought a few toys for the boys when I was at the cat show on Sunday.

A rabbit (presumably) fur ball (which has been ignored), a catnip sock (slobbered all over, repeatedly), and two wand toys (one which also has been ignored).

Oh, and a cat door stop for myself, which was cuter looking at the time. LOL.

As always, click to enlarge for better viewing.

The boys check everything out.
Derry got the catnip sock for only a moment. (Made by the "crafty ladies" at our local Humane Society.)
 Nicki quickly took over and refused to give it up.
 
 Note the crazy eyes.
 
 
 
 
The nip was so potent that Nicki went after the little plastic bag it was wrapped up in.
However, it isn't the sock that has Nicki so obsessed, it's this:
 
 
This caterpillar or worm toy absolutely makes him crazy! In his almost 10 years with me, and with all of the cat toys over the years, I never have seen him so obsessed with something. Poor Derry doesn't even get one second's chance to check it out; as soon as Nicki hears the little bell (I must remove that!) he's right there, wanting it. When I finally decide enough is enough and put it away, he keeps looking for it. I should have bought two of them!

As for my chubby (okay, obese) little Derry-Bear, he still prefers his older, favourite feathered stick. :-)

Peace.

Comments

Cat Lover said…
Hi Kim, great photos of the boys. Two out of four toy's is pretty good! Hope Derry gets some playtime in. Sam's favourite toy was the feather on the stick too.
Take care!
John Bellen said…
Was Nicki rubbing the cat-nip sock over his face. Tucker used to do that with a toy I had, his little stubby front legs holding on to the toy. I wish I knew where that one went. Anyway, it's good to see Nicki enjoying himself; now, if he can let Derry get a few minutes in.
doodz...thoz R sum prette awesum toyz....N oh cours sinz mom onlee getted ONE werm....ya want two....if her had buyed two, ya woodna wanted...any :) !!! N joy ♥♥♥
Katie Isabella said…
Katie's favorite toy is just the thing that was left after Da Bird feathers fell off. I was going to throw the whole thing away as she never liked da Bird. Nor did Admiral I might add. But while trying again with Katie, and after the feathers fell off, she went for just the string! Now, stringy on the wand is her favorite toy of all of them! I love the look of that worm. Katie would too I suspect.
Kea said…
And here I would have thought Donkey was her favourite! :-)
Kea said…
This is true. If I'd bought two, Nicki wouldn't be interested at all. :-)
Kea said…
Yes, he was. LOL. Cute!
Kea said…
Actually, you're right! When it comes to cats 50% is pretty good. LOL.
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
You made me smile today Nicki!
Rian said…
Doesn't it make you feel good when they actually *go crazy* over something you bought for them? And it's so very hard to know exactly what that might be. Great pics! Enjoyed watching the boys play with their toys...
Saku said…
I missed your Monday post as my silly email provider decided it was spam. I've go through my spam before I delete it because it has done that with e-mails from my brother as well!

Anyway, the cat show looked like it would be fun, at least once. And the toys you brought home are definitely well liked.

Enjoy Nicki and Derry!
Angel Simba said…
Nothing like a kitty crazed on nip!
Annie Bear said…
I agree with the top comment. Two out of four toys loved by the boys--well, Nicki anyway--is great. These two ingrates snub everything. I must have bad taste. Anyway, I would love to try that caterpillar toy with these two. Nicki's testimony has me sold.
meowmeowmans said…
Oh, I love that Nicki and Derry had such fun with that catnip toy (okay, well, Nicki had MORE fun with it). I thought they were going to tussle over it in that one photo. :)

That caterpillar toy looks like a good one. We'll have to try one of them out.

Hugs!
Linda said…
Lots of kitty fun.
Kea said…
I'll tell him. :-)
Kea said…
It does indeed, since they're so hard to please!
Kea said…
Sometimes things that should be in the "in" box end up in "spam" for me too. I'm not as good as you about checking that folder, though!
Kea said…
Derry got into the action with the caterpillar last night. I think it's just that he was hanging back, because Nicki is so dominant.
Kea said…
Even Derry has had some caterpillar action, though it's hard for him to get at it, because Nicki monopolizes it. :-)
Kea said…
Yes, it's nice to see that they (or Nicki at least) enjoy a toy or two, spoiled and picky cats that they both are.