Ok, this is for women 50+ only

Truly. Not kidding. The TMI stuff that no one talks about, so you're left kind of thinking, "WTF?"

So, I'm a really hairy person. Hairy arms and legs, thank goodness it's blonde. Not into the pain of waxing, thanks, so I've always shaved under my arms. Every other day, my entire adult life.

Now, all of a sudden, the underarm hair doesn't seem to be growing very quickly. On the days I typically would be removing anything offending, I can't even see anything, can barely even discern a few bits of stubble with a magnifying mirror.

Where the heck is all the hair going?!

You know where it's going?

It's all going to my face, that's where it's going!  :-O

Peace.

Comments

Angel Simba said…
Mom has become much less hairy, but she attributed it to underactive thyroid. Maybe it IS just age. Oh, and yes, some pesky chin hairs............

Personally I think cats' furiness is MUCH more attractive than human hairiness.
Kea said…
*I* think a cat's furriness is much more attractive than any human's hairiness. :-D
Cat Lover said…
It's great not have to shave as often but as you say the hair has to go somewhere! ;)
Ah, the joys of menopause!
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
I notice less and less hair as well. Thank goodness I still have a full head of hair though! MOL
Annie Bear said…
LOL! Ugh. At 51, I know menopause is just right around the corner.
Kea said…
I realized I spend more time on removing hair from places it shouldn't be than I do exercising! ;-D
Kea said…
Ditto! Knock on wood! :-)
Kea said…
I'm still waiting, still in peri-menopause, I guess. But all these changes...LOL.
Linda said…
I have lived through it and survived and without drugs :). Thank goodnees my head of hair is so thick, they alays comment how thick it is when I get it cut.
ZOOLATRY said…
At age 73, I can vouch for the fact that you speak the truth... and so it shall continue.
LOL as a brunette shaving my legs and underarms is an everyday thing for me. Estrogen in the form of Premarin seems to keep everything where it belongs. Although I now have wavy hair (which I love) it used to be straight as a board.
I always think of you as much younger Ann.
John Bellen said…
All right, I should have taken the title more seriously...
Saku said…
I grew up with a mom who never shaved her legs (or underarms either....though I can't recall seeing that). Anyway, the older I get the less I have to shave underarm, but thankfully the hair isn't yet showing up on my face. Mind you, that might be because I don't bother shaving my legs very often.

Have a great week!
Kea said…
No drugs for me (yet), either! I wouldn't do Premarin anyway (my aunt has been on it for years, and Mom was too, for a long time). It's horrific, the mares constantly kept pregnant and the foals slaughtered. I'm not a vegetarian, but there are things I wouldn't eat or things I wouldn't do. So I'll just have to take things as they come! :-)
Kea said…
Ditto, I wouldn't guess you were 73, Ann. Sixty-three, maybe!
Kea said…
My hair seems to get wavier with age too, but not wavy enough to go without styling, unfortunately. Just wavy enough to make it stick out where it shouldn't unless I tame with a straightener.
Kea said…
Ha! Next time you'll know to avoid these kinds of posts!
Kea said…
LOL! Maybe I should forgo doing my legs, then. :-D
I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM! It's all on my face!! lol
Anonymous said…
I went through menopause at 30. But, yep...it happens. 😉
CATachresis said…
The Staff says you speak truth!! It's a conundrum for sure!
Kea said…
LOL, Caren! I'm not really even into menopause yet; this doesn't bode well. :-D
Kea said…
Wow, early! I know that happens, though it's pretty rare.
Kea said…
It's like men losing hair on their heads but growing it out their ears and nostrils....