Chip (not Dale)

This is Chip.


I had popped into my vet clinic first thing Saturday morning, to pick up some Advantage Multi, and Chip was there to say hello. (That's the on-duty staff person, petting him, in case that's not obvious.)

Chip is one of three resident clinic cats now. (I got pics of Patches the last time I was there, and I can't remember who the third kitty is, haven't seen him or her.)


Chip was one of two cats that a couple (or family, I'm not sure) had, the other being Dale. The people were moving to Cornwall (Ontario) to take care of the husband's ill mother and had brought Chip in to be euthanized because he'd been diagnosed with Diabetes and they felt they couldn't care for him. 


I am so tempted to make a cutting, disparaging remark about those people, but I wasn't in their shoes. I know I would not have made the same choice had I been. Even if I felt I couldn't care for a companion Being anymore, I would move heaven and earth to find a home wherein the people could, and I would provide financial assistance as well, if I were able to.

Fortunately for Chip, the staff and vet owners decided not to follow through. He's a big boy, not fat, just big, and seems healthy and happy at the clinic. The staff person told me he needs only one insulin dose per day, so all has worked out well for him.

I only hope all works out well for his sibling, Dale, too. 

Peace.

*Comments are off.*