The rear view
Definitely not a view of anyone's butt (ha), but my usual look back at the week.
There's little vibrant colour this fall, but a few trees and vines are showing their true colours. I was able to get out at lunch time last weekend and early in the week, while we still had lovely, warm weather.
There's little vibrant colour this fall, but a few trees and vines are showing their true colours. I was able to get out at lunch time last weekend and early in the week, while we still had lovely, warm weather.
Along Bath Road on Sunday the 22nd, headed to Value Village.
Morning sky on Monday the 23rd.
Late-blooming roses from a lunch-time walk on Monday.
One of the few campus buildings with any colourful ivy left.
Waiting for the bus home.
Miscellaneous snapshots from early in the week:
St. Mary's tower
One of the bed & breakfast inns close to campus has a
lovely "secret garden", including this water feature.
Another B&B -- there are three within a stone's throw of each other.
The third B&B
A private home close to campus. I don't know who owns it, it's a mini-castle. :-)
St. James Anglican church on campus.
As for the boys, I made sure to take lots of snapshots of them too, last weekend.
The only reason they're settled so close together, below, is that neither will give up the cosy baby blankets I've been buying for them at the thrift shops. While they get on well with each other (except for the occasional tussle that gets out of hand, or Nicki's nasty nip-induced fights), neither normally sleeps next to the other.
So that was a peek back at our week. There are a lot of things going on at work, but that's not the enjoyable stuff.
The boys say Happy Hallowe'en (in advance) to those who celebrate. They know I don't bother with it, haven't in years.
An old graphic from the boys' now-defunct Fuzzy Tales blog.
Peace.

Comments
Have a good day!
The B&Bs looks nice too -- all three are on Sydenham Street.
It's been 14 or 15 years since I've bothered giving out candy. There used to be a lot of kids in the complex, but now it seems to be mostly 20-something renters.
I bought candy today even though we've never had a trick-or-treater here.
If I bought any candy, I'd eat it all myself. LOL. Well, all the mini-chocolate bars, at any rate. :-)
Great photos of the boys. They look healthy and happy.
Julie and poppyq
And the boys... Neither will give up his blanket: togetherness through stubbornness. It could catch on.
Love the photos of the boys too, especially the one of the two of them settled close together.
I have a box of mini chocolate bars (90) that I'll hand out until I run out, a few at a time, though I'll definitely shut it down by 8 or 8:30. It annoys the crap out of me when the big ones show up....especially those who are carting around an infant!
Eileen
Yeah, it's togetherness through stubbornness with the boys, not togetherness through bonding. :-)
I'm with you on the parents of infants -- obviously the candy is for them. Doesn't impress me.
Take care, happy Hallowe'en!
As always, your photos are wonderful, Kim. A delight to behold.
I hope you, Nicki and Derry had a great Halloween!