A sign of the times?

This sign is posted on a door in a passageway between buildings downtown. I'd seen it earlier in the winter, in the dark, while on the way to work. No, I don't frequent back alleys in our city--the buses have been detoured due to construction, and the "alley" runs between the temporary stop and the main street.

 Nice font!

Just to reassure my mother (lol), I wasn't the only one using the shortcut, and I wasn't walking alone. All the same, I wouldn't go through there at night!

Peace.

Comments

Katie Isabella said…
Good grief, Kim. It's everywhere.
Annie Bear said…
That does look a little sketchy. The sign is an anomaly. The sentiment is a bit edgy and worrisome, yet the font looks homey and sweet.
BeadedTail said…
At least they're polite about it!
Kea said…
Yes, I thought so too! I'd have expected some barely legible scrawl...but that's an unfair preconceived notion of whoever lives there.
Kea said…
We thought so! (The lady I bus with.) We both got a kick out of it.
Kea said…
With a pretty font like that, it makes me wonder who lives there. LOL.
Rian said…
Is it just me, or does that sign make you think possibly it warrants checking out? (or wants to be?) People are strange...
Cat Lover said…
Yikes, that would be scary! Glad you were not there alone.
Take care!
Kea said…
I'm sure the local police are well aware of the known drug dealers, etc. in our city. Maybe the occupants have had run-ins with the police before, or maybe they're being cheeky. Who knows!
Kea said…
I'm sure it would be fine in daytime, Robin. It was a bit scary, yes, but definitely interesting! And I'd like to know what that font is. LOL.
K

the "I' is similar to "rage italic" but that font "slants"
I don't know if the "rage" font can be non italicized
or not......wavez two de boyz frum de tabbies ~~~~~~~

:) ♥♥☺☺

L

Linda said…
I don’t think I’d be taking that shortcut. Glad it isn’t your normal route.
Kea said…
Yeah, I just looked at that font, that's not it. Well, I probably won't knock on the door to ask. :-D
Kea said…
I'm sure it's fine at 7 AM in daylight, or anytime during the day. It's a busy area, and a short through-way. As I said, though, I wouldn't go through there after dusk!
Yikes! That sign is incongruous with the surroundings. I agree, don't walk there at night!
wow!!! But... you are right.......nice font lol!
Saku said…
That's quite the interesting sign. One wonders what goes on beyond the door...
Kea said…
No worries! I go to bed at 8 PM anyway, am not out in the evenings even in safe places! :-D
Kea said…
I know...LOL! Crazy!
Kea said…
Oh, I think it would better not knowing. Ha.
Kim; if you get a chance; check out the site fontyukle.net
instead of "searching" just click on the letters of the alphabet
as it brings up I believe; every font known to writing !!! :) ♥
Kea said…
Wow! I'm looking at the site now, just picked the letter "I" to have a look. Gee, the Iceberg set of fonts is nice. :-)