"I brake for crocuses"

Happy happy for me: I saw these crocuses in bloom yesterday after work, while walking home. They were in a lovely sunny, sheltered, south-facing spot, and oh, they made me feel so good!


Last week I'd seen some snowdrops:


Poor things. LOL. They're hardy, they'll survive.

As for the boys, here's Nicki yesterday afternoon, still looking for a way over the fence, after all these years. It's hard to tell, but he has his mouth open in the pic, meowing his fool head off.  :-)


And Derry, well, he looks a bit like a fat jungle kitty, in the wasteland of dead foliage (and ice) that is the current state of our back space:


Wishing everyone a lovely day and weekend!

Graphic from TinyBuddha.com

Peace.

Comments

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
I hope you and the boys have a wonderful weekend!
BeadedTail said…
I love the first flowers telling us that spring is on the way! Our crocuses have come and gone and today we got snow so our daffodils are covered. Such a crazy winter! Love the photos of the boys! Great quote too! Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Rian said…
Beautiful pics, Kim. And I love that message...
Kea said…
Thanks, you too!
Kea said…
It's a crazy winter, and now spring, for sure. Spring flowers are pretty tough, the daffodils will perk up again, I'm sure. I love their sunny faces, I'm looking forward to seeing them in bloom here too. :-)
Kea said…
Thanks. And I like the message too. I take the bus in the morning with a lovely older lady who is her reverend's warden, and their long-time volunteer custodian died yesterday AM of a massive heart attack. Complete shock to his family and to the church members as well. So yes, everything can change in the blink of an eye, don't leave things unsaid, embrace life while you have it.
doodz....ya want a way over de fence.......we gotz it !!!!! let uz noe next time momz at werk sew
we can bring de ladder round back.....we bee thinkin a ten feetz one shuld due de trix !!! :) ♥♥

K; thanx for sharing the flower photos; always look forward to them on your blog; you take such awesome snapshots !!! L ♥♥☺☺
Annie Bear said…
What a happy sight those crocuses are! Nicki is too funny. He's persistent! I love a fat jungle kitty!
Kea said…
I will NOT let Nicki read your comment, Tabbies. Gees, I'd never see him again!

As for all the floral snapshots, I can't seem to help myself, it's a "sickness." Haha!
Kea said…
Nicki is something. Sometimes funny, sometimes grey-hair-inducing! There's a lot of personality in that little body. :-)
Crocus and snow drops! Beautiful!
The boys look very "fierce" in their outdoor domain. =)
We have some greenery starting to pop up but no colors yet. Thanks for sharing yours!
THANK YOU for this breath of Spring and for delightful mankittyness (which is not a word MOL, but I like it!)
Linda said…
Lovely to see spring blooms. Have a great weekend.
Saku said…
I am soooo jealous of the spring flowers. We got another blast of winter yesterday with 10 cm of snow. It was near freezing -1 or -2 most of the day so what melted as it hit the streets is now frozen overnight. Sigh...

The kitties here have never tried to scale the fence, but if anyone would try it would be Sheldon. We'll see later this year when he gets a chance to be outside.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Eileen
Kea said…
I think the flowers must be frozen and dead now, the windchill is BITTER today!
Kea said…
We still have lots of snow and ice, particularly on the north side of streets and in shady areas. Things are starting to come up in sheltered areas, but those flowers are the only ones I've seen so far. It's BITTERLY cold today, so the poor things likely are in shock. LOL.
Kea said…
Well, there's no spring today, it's bitterly, bitterly cold. Winter just won't give up this year.
Kea said…
It is, though they're probably completely frozen now, it's so cold today.
Kea said…
Don't be jealous, our forecast for next week is for up to 20 cms of snow. I sincerely hope that turns to rain. Bad enough the windchill was minus double-digits this morning. Winter is not giving up this year.
Kea said…
I mean the forecast for the first week of April, after Easter, is for up to 20 cms of snow over 4 days. :-(
Cat Lover said…
Hi Kim, maybe I will be able to comment this time!
Great photos of the boys and oh, the crocuses!
I hope we have seen the last of the snow. That’s why I don’t like having Easter at the end of March. It is still rather cold!
Take care.
Kea said…
We still have about 20 cms of snow in our long-term forecast for the first week of April. Not happy about that, I'm completely sick of winter...as are many. However, winter can't hang on forever, so eventually warmer temps will prevail.

P.S. The snow better go on its own by the 8th, if we do get it, because I'm not shovelling anymore this season, I'm done!
Poppy Q said…
Nice to see that spring is showing signs in your neighborhood.

I guess the cats are just doing what is normal for cats and wanting to check out their territory. Miss Pops is pretty happy staying in our backyard, but has other cats visiting to challenge her so there was a lot of growling tonight. I do remember reading an article, saying that female cats are usually happy to stay in their property, but that male cats will stray all over a large urban block and consider it all theirs.

Hope you had a nice weekend.

Julie and Poppy Q
xxx
Kea said…
I think Annie would have roamed if she could have! She, too, wanted to get out and explore. Chumley was happy to stay inside or in the back space, and Derry seems to be too. Maybe when the cats are neutered/spayed it's more dependent on their personality?
meowmeowmans said…
OOH. We brake for crocuses, too! And also for handsome boys names Nicki and Derry! :)

Happy Sunday to you and the boys!
Katie Isabella said…
Oh what a joy to see your flowers bravely showing their faces for everyone. You always find beauty where you go.
John Bellen said…
Nicki is one determined optimist...