Horsing around

It seems far longer than only two weeks since I spent a few days with friends in Brighton. I took lots of critter pics besides the swans, and the ones dearest to my heart were the horse and pony.

BTW, it's great to be on mostly-deserted county roads, it allows you to come to sudden stops and back up without endangering anyone.  :-)

There actually was another pony, but s/he wasn't in the mood to be photographed and ambled off into the trees when we approached. The bay gelding and grey pony were more accommodating.







Of course all they really wanted were the bits of grass Robin fed them, no interest in us per se. Still, it gave me a chance to give (the gelding) a good neck scratch, and to admire them both. I'll take more of that in my life, please.  :-)

Peace.

Comments

Annie Bear said…
They look very well cared for. They're beautiful and look meticulously groomed. What a nice time you had there. I already miss country roads and the like.
BeadedTail said…
Such a beautiful horse! The pony is super cute too!
John Bellen said…
What superb looking animals. When I lived in a small town, Iwould visit the horses in their fields; they would come over to greet me. I gave them long grass to eat, but they could have had that within their fences, so it was nice of them just to come over to say 'hello'.
Poppy Q said…
Cute - they look like happy healthy horses. I like seeing that they have a nice space to wander round in and are friendly with you strangers.
Katie Isabella said…
I always loved horses and several times in Florida I lived where they were and they came right to my fence. We had acreage to one side full of wild palmetto and pine. Someone owned a horse very near and he learned to come to me.
Saku said…
The gelding is especially handsome with the blaze on his forehead. The pony looks like he could use a trim...hard to see through all the fringe. :)

I grew up on a farm, and I recall the quiet back roads where one could make a sudden stop (or back up as needed) to see something on the side of the road. I also loved the plume of dust that would kick up from the back tires as I drove.

Wonderful memories for both us.
K; I KNOW you were happy as can be to see these horses !!! you captured some great shots :) ♥♥
meowmeowmans said…
Wow! They're both beautiful, as are your photos of them. Thank you for sharing, Kim!