Life's crazy, isn't it?
This is just a rambling post about some weighty things, no obligation to read now (or ever, of course).
January 24th will mark the 12th anniversary of Chumley's sudden, unexpected death (blood clot). I find that I've been feeling very unsettled and extra-paranoid about the boys for the past couple of weeks, and I think that's why. It seems crazy, that a dozen years later (longer than Chum was even alive, let alone with me) this should still impact me, but there are some things in life you just don't "get over."
January 24th will mark the 12th anniversary of Chumley's sudden, unexpected death (blood clot). I find that I've been feeling very unsettled and extra-paranoid about the boys for the past couple of weeks, and I think that's why. It seems crazy, that a dozen years later (longer than Chum was even alive, let alone with me) this should still impact me, but there are some things in life you just don't "get over."
Pic was taken by someone else, long ago.
Wasn't he beautiful, even with his shaved tummy?
The 8th (!) anniversary of Annie's death will come in February, on the 16th.
I hate January and February, for so many reasons.
Mom called me yesterday. Back in October/November, at the time I was being recalled for further tests after my regular mammogram, a friend of Mom's was going through the same thing. Only "N" wasn't so lucky, it turned out she did have breast cancer. She had surgery in December, which turned out to be "only" a lumpectomy, and the surgeon told her he thought they got it all. Well, her pathology report came back this week, and she has stage 3 cancer.
I'm upset and sad for her, and for Mom (and all "N's" friends), and hope that with treatment, should she choose it, she can beat the odds.
I don't get life, you know?
"N" is the kindest, gentlest person anyone could ever meet, only in her early 70s, which isn't old by today's standards. Why her?
Oh, I know life's not fair, it's a roulette wheel or a crap shoot or whatever you call it. I guess there's no point in even trying to make any sense out of it all--humans have been trying to do that for eons and we're no closer to figure it all out. Maybe we'll know someday...maybe not.
All the more reason to be grateful for the little things in our day that we take for granted, to appreciate time with our fur kids, families and friends. All the more reason to eat dessert!
I had a piece of cake last week, in honour of a friend's birthday.
Everyone take care and enjoy the weekend, whatever you're doing. If you don't like sweets, have some chips!
Peace.

