Catching up
It's another week closer to spring; woohoo!
The second Sunday (this past Sunday) was even better at the greenhouse than the first, because the tulips were starting to bloom.
My four days off were wonderful! Saturday was productive, Sunday was good company with friends Robin and Chuck (and the greenhouse visit), Monday I did almost nothing whatsoever except veg on the couch, and Tuesday was another busy, productive day. I could get used to a three-day work week (for full pay, of course -- lol).
I think the boys appreciated having me home for an extra long weekend, though they slept most of it away. What else is there to do when it's minus gazillion out and the back space is covered in snow and ice? Derry did venture out as you can see, above, but not for long. Too cold! Nicki went out from time to time as well, but for even shorter periods. We're bracing for yet another round of ice pellets and freezing rain tonight and tomorrow morning, before it turns to rain. (Enough of this, already!)
I bought some baskets on sale at Jysk yesterday, and the boys had fun with them, as you can tell, above. (Yes, I cut the bag handles, you can see that in the first snapshot.)
I find most Jysk products to be pretty low quality, but they usually do have good baskets and I've bought a number of them there when they're on sale. I should have bought one more; next time!
On another note, there will be a paternal family reunion mid-June in Montreal and I've booked a couple of days off work for it. Dad will be flying in from the west coast, his brother will be making his semi-annual trip from Italy to spend a month with his son and family, and I will see my two first cousins for the first time in about 50 years. They are strangers to me, so it will be...interesting. I will be the "black sheep," speaking only English, when everyone else speaks two to four languages, predominately French (being in the province of Quebec).
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my pet sitter will be available; she's had some serious health issues lately and has been in hospital. I've always worried about something happening to me, but I've never really thought about what would happen if I were away and my pet sitter was unable to care for the boys. Scary thought. Going to Montreal will be okay, because I can be home the same day if something happens, but if I head west to visit Dad in the fall for his 80th birthday and something happens to my pet sitter, I am up a creek. Well, that's a worry for another time!
Tuesday morning's full moon.
I'll leave you with several more snapshots from Sunday at the greenhouse. What a treat to have gone twice this year!
Peace.











Comments
Yes, it remains quite cold everywhere in the country, it seems, and even Derry looks cold after having dared the environment. I never used to look forward to the spring as much as I do these days. Age, I guess. It slowly changes one’s personality…
Derry will sit on the frozen ground and hold one paw up, then another, but not make a move to come in. He really does get by on his cute face.
As for "age," I find my tolerance for Canadian winters diminishes the older I get!
to see something besides dirty snow !!! look into CARE.com; I imagine they are up
your way for a...just in case might need one.....pet sitter. tell Robin I said hi, had a
feeling you'd be seeing her and chuck !! :) ☺☺♥♥
doodz...lookin good guyz, hope thiz findz ya in trubullz N stayin ther !! :) ☺☺♥♥
I'm very happy with my current sitter, just have the "what if" concerns, so I will file this away for possible future reference. Thanks again!
I sure hope the weather isn't as bad as they are forecasting for you. Stay safe and warm!
Those greenhouse shots are so wonderful. How nice to have such color in the midst of thise interminable winter weather.
Hugs to you, and scritches to Nicki and Derry!
Every year when spring finally arrives I go a little nuts snapping pics of the flowers popping up. I'm the "crazy" one down on hands and knees on the sidewalk or on someone's lawn, taking macro shots! LOL.
Your pet sitter apparently doesn't have a partner of any kind. That's a shame. It may be a good idea to have one at the ready in case something happens. Of course, hopefully she will be okay and healthy. Montreal sounds like a nice trip. We always wanted to go when we were still living on the East Coast. My dad turned 80 almost five years ago. I remember we had just signed the papers on our condo and I got on a plane to go home to celebrate.
Derry and Nicki are so darn cute.
Ah, yes...a 3-day workweek...
As for Montreal, I'd love to see Old Montreal again, go up Mount Royal, etc., but I suspect that time will be too short. We shall see!
I love baskets. So handy for storage. These ones look very nice. I have never had opportunity to visit a Jysk store.
Julie and Poppy Q