It wasn't quite snowmaggedon, but it was enough!

We didn't get 40 cm of snow here, but we did get 28 cm (about 11 inches) on Tuesday, then a little bit on Wednesday. So approximately 30 cm all told, which is a foot of white stuff. That's more than enough for me!

Cleaning up on Wednesday morning, below.
The campus cleaning crew is on the ball.



Earlier in the morning, at home, Nicki was so desperate to get outside and check his territory that he leapt off the step as I was sweeping it, and into the snow. You can see his paw prints to the fence, then to the corner and back. Fool cat.


It's milder today, with a bit of light drizzle, so now it's a slushy mess that will freeze overnight, as temps go down again. What a winter! Still, February is half gone (yay!) and we're inching toward spring.

It's a long weekend here, with Monday being Family Day, and I'm looking forward to that. I'm taking Tuesday off, to make an extra, extra long weekend; hurrah!

Friends are coming up on Sunday and I hope to return to the greenhouse with them, for another dose of colour and warmth.




Wishing everyone a lovely day and weekend!

Peace.

Comments

K; do you recall the name of the flower with the pink spots; would like to grow
them here if possible; N dood....yur mom called it rite.. that waz a fool thing !!!
sorree we gotta take her side thiz time !! :) ♥♥
A trip to the greenhouse sounds lovely!
Nicki is crazy pants for rushing into all that white stuff :)
Enjoy your extra long weekend.
Katie Isabella said…
Nicki, for pete sake! Now was it worth it??? Oh. OK. It was. I'm a cat so I understand, but I hate getting my bloomers wet and cold.
Annie Bear said…
Nicki, LOL!

That's a lot of snow. It seems it would better for it not to rain and just leave the snow as is. I bet that greenhouse is a little piece of heaven on earth when it's so cold and wet out.
Kea said…
I don't, but I'm returning tomorrow, so will try to remember it, snap a pic if I can!
Kea said…
If your city has an open house at its greenhouse too, I highly recommend it!
Kea said…
LOL. I'm sure it WAS worth it to Nicki. He wasn't long, though. Can't imagine why not. :-P
Kea said…
That's a good way to put it, that greenhouse IS a little piece of heaven in the middle of our LONG, FREEZING, CRUDDY winter!
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
I hope you enjoy your weekend with your guests and you all have a great time dreaming about Spring. It really won't be that long now.
Kea said…
Thanks. April seems ages away, but maybe we'll get lucky this year and have an early start to the new season. :-)
Maebeme said…
I missed this post, my e-mail provider put in the spam folder! 30 cms. is far too much in one storm! I can't imagine, we get up to 10 at a time and I think that's enough.

Have a wonderful weekend with your friends. Hooray for long weekends!
meowmeowmans said…
You had more snow in that one storm than we've had all winter! It's been cold, but we've been very light on the white stuff. Strange winter...

I'm impressed/surprised that Nicki didn't just turn around immediately after hitting that snow. :)

Hope you're having a great day with your friends today, and your long weekend in going fabulously!
John Bellen said…
I'm way behind on reading my favourite blogs, so I am just getting to this one. Eleven inches of snow? I can't recall the last time we received that. I think it may have been in the 1970s. I don't envy you.

I laughed at Nicki's 'patrol': just the barest attention to his territory and then back in, it looks like.

I hope the friends' visit on Sunday went well...
Kea said…
It surprises me that a storm will bring you only 10 cm of snow in one go! I figured you would be inundated with it, as we often are.
Kea said…
I've been having a lovely extra long weekend, thanks. I hope you have too, presume Monday has been a holiday for most of the US as well, your President's Day.

We've had a lousy winter, IMO, and that better mean an early spring this year!
Kea said…
I'm surprised you wouldn't have the same kind of huge snowstorms, but perhaps we get more because of the infamous "lake effect."

Sunday was lovely, and the trip to the greenhouse was better this week than last--the tulips were starting to bloom this week! (If only the outdoors mirrored in the indoors.)

I hope your long weekend has been uneventful, cat health-wise.