Mid-week hello!
We're half-way through another work week, the first day that we haven't had minus double-digit Celsius windchills. (Yep, winter has long outstayed "his" welcome.) That said, we've had a lot of sunshine, which has been wonderful!
I took a long walk all along the waterfront last Sunday, braving the cold wind for some snapshots.
The ice is starting to break up, and further along the waterfront you could hear it creaking and banging.
Along the way I met this cutie, Sam (I think), a 4-month old cockapoo. He was very friendly!
The cold temps have been keeping the boys inside far longer than usual, though it's probably a combination of both the cold plus aging bones.
Work is busy. I had a lull for a couple of weeks, but now I have a bit more on my plate than I'd like at once, which is typical. "Feast or famine," as my mom puts it. Still, I'd rather be well-occupied than not. If I'm too idle my mind will turn in on itself and my mood will tank. Better to be mentally engaged!
I have another major donation pick-up scheduled for Saturday...in the forecast pouring rain. I have to leave everything outside in the driveway, so might need a tarp for the boxes. I have 7 large garbage bags filled, another large store bag, plus 5 boxes of varying sizes. I don't know where this stuff comes from, I swear I'm not a hoarder! (How on earth does anyone ever go "tiny?" My cleaning and household supplies alone would need their own tiny house.)
Oh, and on the subject of household supplies and the like, I've made two recent purchases from Amazon.ca that have turned out to be fantastic, in case anyone is in the market for similar items:
This narrow cutlery tray (brand Joseph Joseph) that allows you stack your cutlery, absolutely brilliant for very narrow drawers, as mine are. For the first time in almost 19 years, I no longer have my cutlery in a container on my tiny bit of counter space. I feel all adult now. Haha.
And this faucet aerator/sprayer, which I saw mentioned in an online article:
I'd had to have my old kitchen faucet replaced last fall (via a very expensive plumber), and I couldn't afford the swanky faucet with the pull-out sprayer, had him install his "cheapest" option. I missed my old faucet with its spray hose, but as the current kitchen tap has a 2-year guarantee from the plumbing company, I'm not spending $$$ on a new one until the 2 years are up. This EuroJet sprayer is almost as good as having a real sprayer, and if I could give this product 6 stars out of 5, I would. (Its innards are brass, not plastic, and it's made in the US, or so it claims. Probably from parts from China. LOL.)
Anyway, I don't get any compensation for raving about these two things, just wanted to give personal recommendations for both.
I'll leave you all with a politically incorrect quote I found on Pinterest a couple of days ago. It cracked me up, mostly because while I'm not "fat," I do have a lot of fat on my middle-aged body. (Meaning "fat" isn't who I am, isn't my identity, but that I have far more fat than I should!) I wanted to post this up on my cubicle, but our office is a positive space for those who identify as LGBTQ+.
And for all of us introverts, also from Pinterest:
Peace.






Comments
It's not cold here but Annie and Pierrot do the same as the boys. You were brave to go out in the cold wind but the pictures are really enjoyable to look at. So is Sam.
I love that narrow cutlery tray. We may have to get that to save drawer space. As for you being a hoarder or not ... definitely NOT. You always seem to donate stuff; a hoarder would just keep it all (seriously, we had a neighbor friend who was a bonafide hoarder ... not good)!
Hugs to you and the boys. Hope it warms up soon!
That cutlery tray is the bees knees. (Where does that old expression come from?) There are others in the line, specifically for slicing and dicing knives, if you need something for those.
I chuckled at you 'feeling like an adult'. That's how it feels sometimes when you do something like that, doesn't it? It's like having a bookcase for the first time, instead of boards on cinder-blocks.
And as for politically incorrect, I've been waiting for a long time to use the pun 'trans-fur'... Some day, my time will come.
I buy too much at thrift stores, or I replace the cheap stuff with better quality stuff. That's really what happens. The house isn't straining by any means, but sometimes I look around and am amazed how one person who constantly declutters still has so much "stuff."
BTW, this is the first place I've ever lived with kitchen drawers so narrow that they don't fit a regular cutlery tray. I'm still thrilled to have found one that fits!
Loved the introvert quote.
I hope your boys get some nice weather soon.
I WOULD like to have two empty rooms upstairs, with just the guest room and my bedroom finished with stuff. There's not a lot in the other two spare rooms (4 bedrooms in total, though 3 are very small, really only good for twin beds), but those extra 2 rooms are filled with cat stuff and household cleaning appliances like the carpet cleaner, a spare air purifier, etc.
I was just thinking last night that I'd need 1 tiny house for the cleaning and household supplies, 1 for the cat stuff, and 1 for me. Add them altogether and you'd get pretty much the same square footage I have now. LOL. I don't mind my small townhouse...it's just a very poor layout. And yes, I could probably live quite comfortably with about 300 sq ft less than I have now, if it were well thought out. :-)