A third of the year gone already

Wow, we're at the end of April already, still waiting for warm spring weather here, even though flowers are starting to bloom. (I snapped these pics on the way home yesterday, they're not my flowers.)


A third of the year is gone in a blink!

I have a funny *headdesk* story to share from Friday.

So I left the house at 6:35 AM, in a rush as usual. It was dreary and grey outside, and I could hear a distressed sound, perhaps that of a baby squirrel or bird or some such, crying pitiably and ceaselessly. I couldn't see where it was coming from, but finally looked up at my bedroom window and could see what appeared to be something stuck under the eaves, in the serrated metal. I really couldn't make out what it was; it was too far away and too dim, given that I need, but don't have, glasses.

This stumped and stunned me; in my 19 years in the house, nothing ever has been stuck there. What could possibly get stuck there? Bat? Bird? Baby squirrel? It seemed bizarre, but the poor creature wouldn't stop its desperate crying.

Anyway, as I have no ladder high enough to reach a second story, I had to leave it, sending up prayers for the poor little thing.

When I got to work I lit my LED candle for it, worried all day about it, upset at its suffering. I left the office praying it was okay, that it got free or had died a quick and merciful death, and when I got off the bus and walked into my complex, I was chanting "please let it be gone, please let it be gone."

Unfortunately, it wasn't gone.

But this time, in the light of the afternoon, I was able to get a little better view of what it was.

Not a poor, suffering creature at all (though I had heard something in the morning, no question about that). Nope, it was just discolouration of the brown metal, a splotch of grey, either scraped by something or dirty.

I spent the entire day almost sick to my stomach over a splotch. *Headdesk*

The best I can say is that at least I have a good heart. LOL.

And I have an eye appointment for May 15th!  :-D

I'll leave you with a couple of recent snaps of the boys, and some Pinterest graphics that appealed to me.


This is for the cat "daddies" out there in blog land.  :-)
 Anyone else grow up eating chocolate cookie dough?

Peace.

Comments

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
I can't even claim I need new glasses as I did recently update my prescription, I read your post title as A THIRD OF LIFE GONE ALREADY. Oh boy....yes it's May tomorrow, and right on cue I can start worrying about Hurricanes. I think the older I've gotten the more insecure I feel with my surroundings. I know that there is no place on the planet that is safe from Mother Nature, so it is what it is. But, I still think of all of those families, and singles who suffered from total devastation in Mexico Beach from Hurricane Michael, and so many others, but that was ground zero and there was little to nothing left there. How people stayed and survived is amazing. It bothers me that once the sensational news dies down for an area these folks are left on their own to find their way back. Oh I don't mean to be doom and gloom, I just hate Hurricane season....and we are always reminded of it around here. Local weather guy was talking about tropical stuff this weekend bring heavy rains up the Eastern Seaboard...it's just I can' t get away from it. Sorry for the rant. (Probably the first of many for the season)
John Bellen said…
I wish only a third of my life was gone...
John Bellen said…
I have glasses and contact lenses, but don't wear them at home except to watch movies, so I am often squinting to see what is 'out there'. As for deception, I am constantly wondering what certain noises are, only to discover that they are usually Josie, snoring.

And cake-batter is my favourite uncooked pastry...
Kea said…
Given that a Canadian woman's life expectancy is 84 years (or thereabouts), pretty much 2/3 of my life is gone. Of course, we never know how much time we have here, so we might as well enjoy the ride as much as we can. :-)
K; the gods of all things metal and tin praise you for caring !! ;) thanx for all the shares today; da tabbies say hi two de doodz and we have a store here; Meijer; that you can actually buy little cups
of cookie dough to eat { though they are not as good as the "real stuff" } ♥♥☺☺
Katie Isabella said…
I could stand that third of my life being back too!
Maebeme said…
I wonder what it was that you heard? But I'm grateful that what you saw wasn't what you thought you saw.

I've worn glasses since I was very young and could not manage without them. Good luck with your appointment.
BeadedTail said…
Okay, I found that very funny! Not that you worried but that it was a splotch! Thanks for the giggle!

Yes the year is going by so fast and that fact was a big part of why I retired. I just can't justify sitting on my butt for 10+ hours a day for a big chunk of the year. My body has done it for 20 years and I feel it worse every year so I'm glad it's over!
Annie Bear said…
Oh, Kim. :) You do have a good heart. I can definitely understand about being upset. I've done some crazy things saving baby animals in the past. Sorry about the grief, but I am glad nobody suffered.

The flowers and boys are lovely sights. Yes, I sure did eat cookie dough.
meowmeowmans said…
LOL! I just got new glasses, but this is totally something Tracey and I would do! You are a good person, for sure, Kim. :)

So nice to see the boys enjoying the sun. Yippee! :)

And yes, I resemble that first meme. Ha ha.