"Swan Lake"

I'd been away for a few days last week, visiting friends, and we lucked in at seeing two beautiful swans do their courtship ritual. (I assume it's a courtship ritual.)

The pond is in a lovely residential area, with all the houses circling it, and the pond itself is a haven for wildlife. (It's the same pond at which I'd snapped water lily pics last summer.)

There are 12 pics in this series; enlarge for clearest viewing. You'll see that the best snapshot is of the pair when their necks form the heart in pic #8. Amazing! I might not ever see that again, so it was a a privilege to witness it, and wonderful to capture them.













I hope everyone is well; I'll stop by as soon as I can!

Peace.

Comments

John Bellen said…
What a lovely series of images. It must have been peaceful to watch, too. We don’t have enough of that in life. I suppose in most cases we’ve driven such beauty away. Thank you for publishing those pictures.
K; were you with Robin and her husband on your vacation? { hi to her } you captured some great shots; I'm amazed at how blue the water is; especially for a pond. The neighborhood maintains it well; no one it's a water fowl mecca !! thanx for sharing :)
Kea said…
Yes, I was! :-)
Kea said…
Thanks, it really was amazing.
Kea said…
It's true...We've developed over all the land, cut the trees down, covered the earth...and then we wonder why we have such increased flooding. Hmm, could it be, in part, that's there's nothing left to absorb the water? Gee, just a thought!
Rian said…
Kim, you got some great shots! Thanks for sharing.
Maebeme said…
Wonderful photos! And what a lovely setting to watch these glorious birds.
What great pictures!! Thanks for sharing them Something we have never seen(mum included)
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ
Katie Isabella said…
This was a serene, lovely and peaceful retreat for me today seeing these photos. They are so beautiful. I wish I had seen them in person but this is close! Thank you Kim.
Thank you for sharing your photos of these beautiful creatures.
meowmeowmans said…
Oh my gosh, Kim, that's so cool! What a treat to experience that, and your photos are wonderful, Great captures, especially the one you mention where their necks make a heart. :)

Hugs to you, and scritches to the boys!