We'll be back ASAP!

Update: It's not a blockage, the x-ray indicated that his kidney stones are the same size, placement, etc., as his previous x-ray (when they were first detected). So it's his gastrointestinal tract, we think. I have some of the vet food, which I'm willing to try at this point, but when I get a chance I suppose I'll have to research feline IBS/IBD (if his problem falls into that category) and see what I can do with respect to food, etc. I won't tell you how much I've spent on vet bills in the past two days, but it comes perilously close to four digits...before the decimal point. It was worth it, though. The boys are worth it.
_________________________________________________________________

We're still around. My dad is still here today (Thursday June 20th), plans to leave tomorrow, though he's flexible.

Great trip, busy, maybe too much "peopling" for me, even though it's biological family. LOL.

I'm back at the office today, but am leaving in a bit to take Nicki to the vet. I found him crying and huddled in the litter box this morning, which has never happened before. He'd peed overnight overnight, so I think it's less a UTI, but rather more likely either his kidney stones, or his ongoing diarrhea -- maybe his butt hurts. I don't know, I'll find out.

I just had Derry to the vet yesterday for his annual full meal deal, as it were. He's gained more weight, as I well knew, and he had his urine and blood "stolen" for tests, so I'm waiting for those results.

I know I've missed a lot of your posts, probably won't be able to catch up, but I'll be back as soon as possible. If Nicki checks out okay I'll be back at work this afternoon and of course tomorrow.

I do have lots of pics from Montreal, etc., but haven't had a chance to download them all yet, never mind edit them. 

At the Montreal Botanical Gardens on Sunday the 16th.

Anyway, please think good thoughts for the boys, Nicki in particular at the moment, and I'll update when I can.

Peace.

Comments

John Bellen said…
Poor Nicki. There is clearly something the matter, and staying in the litter-box is very worrisome indeed. My best thoughts to both the boys, especially Nicki, and to you. Please let us know how things are, but in your own time.
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
Big big purrs for Nicki!
John Bellen said…
I just read the update, and it appears, cautiously, like good news - relatively, anyway. Any problem the solution of which comes in a bag or a tin is better than the one that involves surgery. Good luck with the vet food. Paws are crossed here.
dood.....we iz sorree; N we send st francis' blessing yur way....tell mom we understand bout knot vizitin or bloggin; mor important for her ta take care oh ewe N derry; bloggin can wait...hope ya get well, bee well & stay well....both oh ewe ♥♥♥
Katie Isabella said…
You take your time...take care of the boys and Katie and I will be holding the three of you up high and purring for the best right away.
Saku said…
I arrived late, after the update. I sure hope they're able to determine what's happening with Nicki. Poor boy! The kitties send their purrs.
Rian said…
Good thoughts for the boys! (especially Nicki) Is he on one of the Rx diets? Possibly KD or ID?
BeadedTail said…
Oh noes! Sending positive thoughts and purrs for Nicki! Poor boy! Hope the new food helps him feel better soon!
Sending you lots of love, poor Nicki ....praying all is ok!!!!! I am hoping it isn't a stone....with him crying in the litter box, I am thinking it might be (that's how I am when I am passing a stone) poor baby. (((hugs)))) Sending POTP xoxo
Oh gosh. I'm sending good thought Nicki's way. I hope he is ok. Thanks for keeping us posted.
meowmeowmans said…
Poor Nicki. We most certainly are thinking all good thoughts for him, Derry and you. Take your time getting back to all of us, Kim. We will still be here when you are ready. :)
Annie Bear said…
I hope things are continuously going better for poor Nicki. Thank goodness it's neither his stones or UTI but of course still worrisome. I'll look forward to an update at some point, but as others mentioned, it's the most important you spend time with him.

I'm glad you a nice time in Montreal. That pic of the gardens sure is pretty.
SuziQCat said…
So sorry Nicki is having a problem...hope you can make him more comfortable soon!