So long, vacation, it was fun while it lasted

Our "relationships" with our vacations are so brief, aren't they? Flings, really.


I was off for 10 days, including weekends, and took yesterday (Monday the 12th) off as well. It was part vacation and part staycation.


I went to visit friends R &C for a few days, as I usually do three times a year, and we had a great time, took tons of pictures. We stopped at the usual haunts: Wicklow Beach (see the gull pic above), the Northumberland & District Humane Society Thrift Store (see Louie, below), the other thrift stores, Presqu'ile Provincial Park (see first pic), and this time, Haute Goat, which is located about 10 minutes north of Port Hope, 200 acres of farmland with goats, alpacas, Icelandic horses, a mule chickens, and dogs.

Louie the thrift store cat
At Haute Goat
 
 
 
 

The bonus was getting pics of both an immature blue heron and a white heron or egret.

 

It was a great mini-break, and it's hard to come back to reality, thought I admit I function better with structure in my week.

 
 
 
 
 

If all is well in our lives in October, and I can get pet-sitting (my pet-sitter is returning to school in the fall, though thinks she'll still be available AM and PM, before and after classes), I hope to take another mini-holiday and get away for a few days.

My thanks, as always, to R & C for everything, particularly R, who does a lot of driving when I visit! 

I hope everyone is okay; I took a break from most commenting while I was off, hope I haven't missed anything of great significance.

Peace.

Comments

Maebeme said…
Great photos, my favorite is the one of the dragonfly! Glad you got a break for a bit. Vacations are never long enough... I remember.
Katie Isabella said…
Loved every single great picture Kim!
Rian said…
You got some amazing photos, Kim. I'm glad you had such a nice mini-vacation. Hope you get to do another in October!
Linda said…
Lovely vacation, great photos. We have never been to Haute Goat, must go soon. Wicklow Beach is a favourite place of ours.
meowmeowmans said…
Such great memories of your vacation, Kim! All of your photos are wonderful. Those baby goats are a hoot, aren't they?
Kea said…
The dragonfly was sheer luck (okay, all the pics were - ha).
Kea said…
Thanks, Carole!
Kea said…
Thanks...me too!
Kea said…
Wicklow Beach is a wonderful spot, we usually stop there when I visit, though I don't recall if we did in May.

Haute Goat is worth a visit -- take (and wear) rubber boots, both for the manure and mud, and the ticks (especially if you walk the trails they've cut through their property).
Kea said…
Baby goats are cute as anything (kind of creepy-looking eyes, though!), but boy, do they get into everything. We saw a couple of adult goats with goat bloat, pretty serious. They were grossly bloated and on meds, hope they'll be okay.
John Bellen said…
Such beautiful pictures - as always - but your part of the country in summer is a lovely subject. Such exotic animals at the farm; the spotted goats look very unusual to me.

I am glad your holiday was refreshing, but, yes, they are always short - me saying that after having twice your time off; I'm greedy for peace and relaxation that way. Your next time off gives you something to look forward to in the cool month of October, though.
Kea said…
The spotted goats are the two studs. Have no idea what kind of goats! They do look exotic to me as well.

Any time off from work for holiday (not medical) purposes is welcome, no matter what time of year. I like taking a bit of time in the fall when the heat and humidity have passed.
Glad you had a good visit and always love your photos. Am sure the boys are glad you are back.
Kea said…
They were/are. I think they'd be happier if I were independently wealthy and/or retired and home for them all the time.
ANGEL ABBYGRACE said…
What glorious photos, and am so glad you had such an enjoyable time on your vacation!
SuziQCat said…
Looks like you had a wonderful time! Loved all the photos...such a pretty area.
Kea said…
Thanks so much!
Kea said…
I did, thanks. Our region IS a lovely area, particularly in the summer!
glad you had an awesome vacation and visit with R; hope she's doing well and C' too !!!
the second to last photo is spot on competition worthy !!! just saying....hint hint !! :) hope N & D are well ♥♥♥
Kea said…
They're doing well, the usual! Thanks for your kind comment re: the dragonfly, it was a lucky capture, since I just aim and click and hope for the best. :-)

My two are okay, for aging kitties, as far as I know. I worry/panic about them both, Nicki in particular (because of his chronic health issues), but right now all is okay, knock on wood.
BeadedTail said…
Looks like a wonderful vacation! Your photos are beautiful!
vic said…
The pic of the swan is super!!
Kea said…
Thanks. I took a lot of snaps of him preening. :-)